Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Last Straw
By hofmann_brian

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have taken the car into the shop 3 times for problems with overheating, and am about to take it in for the fourth. I was driving home and the overheat light came on and before I could get off the Interstate I was stopped behind a jackknifed truck for 3 hours in weather below 20 degrees. I could turn the car on for 5 minutes and then had to turn it off for 25 minutes. When I was able to get going I was only able to make it a couple of miles before the overheat light came on. At midnight I had to pull off the road and get a hotel even though I was only 45 minutes away from home. This problem has been "fixed" 3 times already. It has not taken 4 years for this car to start nickel and diming me

Favorite Features

Blue-tooth

Suggested Improvements

Fix problem with overheating. There has already been a recall to "fix" the problem, but obviously something is still wrong

Worst car ever never buying again.
By pattona6

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

bought the first chevy cruze model and the tires that came with it were not good for Michigan weather. at 30,000 miles had trouble with the engine. It stalls on me as well. the breaks are extremely touchy, the blind spots on the mirrors are god awful. it will tell me it needs to be serviced when it doesn't. the tire pressure reading on my car is off as well. at around 50,000 miles my air conditioning stopped working but my heat still works (thank god) but I just found out yesterday I guess their was a recall on it? once again two recalls on that terrible car. but my step mom has the LT and hers does run better than mine. but the mpg in my car is terrible. I DONT EVEN HAVE CRUZE CONTROL.

Favorite Features

Nothing but the aux cord import in the consul.

Suggested Improvements

It should have a button for the trunk...every person that gets into my car and has to open up the trunk always asks to open the trunk...and then they can never find the button its so dumb. the seats need more comfort to them. and the way that the seats are moved they should honestly be automatic. its the most confusing thing for people and I always have to help them. and some reason the car interior in my car soaks up every scent imaginable.

70000 miles+ Average car
By stcornish

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have a 2011 Cruze with 1.8L engine with automatic transmission. I have had the car in for I major issue. The transmission housing broke. Chevy replaced it under warranty. The dealer said it was something they never seen before. The good is the car is quiet and the ride is comfortable. I am needing new tires so 70000 miles is good. Also I got 3 years of oil changes in the deal so I so far have no out of pocket expenses. The bad is the fuel mileage of 27.8 ave. I was hoping for 30+. The ugly is the transmission program. It alway is going to the highest gear as fast as possible. There is a three second delay for down shifting as it finds the right gear which almost got hit.

Favorite Features

The stereo is good. The bluetooth works great with my phone.

Suggested Improvements

There is a antifreeze smell occasionally after the car warms up. I have read this in many review. The transmission shifting sequence needs to stay in lower gears longer. Chevy does this to improve gas mileage but it is dangerous when you need to accelerate quickly. There is a delay. Also the transmission shift are not smooth.

Liked it for 1st year
By mnflyer

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I enjoyed my Cruze for the 1st year and a half, even though it had it's fair share of issues covered by warranty. It handled well enough and I felt it was a good value. In 2 years I put on 43K miles mostly commuting on the highway. During the warranty period, I had 2 cases of "check engine" light on which were caused by faulty sensors. Also I had a steering issue whereby the steering would slightly stick at highway speeds. It often had a strange groaning sound from the engine. Biggest problem. "AC off due to engine overheat" It took 5 trips to the dealer to fix it. I wanted a car I could drive trouble free for many years and realized this wasn't it. I traded it in for a Hyundai.

Favorite Features

Handling, size bluetooth phone interface, manual transmission.

HATE THIS CAR!!
By sshotwell756

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Have had nothing but problems from day 1! Transmission, windows, doors, brakes, ac and to top it off it pulls to the right and they can't seen to get it fixed. Every single time it goes into service it's there at least a week and the last time 2 weeks. I have never had such a bad experience with a vehicle but this has ruined the excitement of buying a new car. It never even smelled new. The gas mileage sucks. I was told 28 mpg in the city and 42 on the hwy and it doesn't even come close. It's getting 20 - 22 city and 32 on the hwy. I don't know about other owners but I will never buy another Chevrolet.

Favorite Features

It's pretty to look at but that's it.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats and fix the transmission!