Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

True American Sports Car
By John

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great for long trips w/ upwards of 30mpg or 500 from an 18 gallon tank. Not enough side support for cornering in the seats but still holds on to the road well. Inside a little cheap, they could have used aluminum for the trim instead of aluminum-colored plastic. Engine bay not as nice as previous generation and hard to keep clean. Could have gone with a better sound system but all around this car beats out even European cars for the fun to price ratio.

Favorite Features

Reliable GPS and XM radio, cool touch pad in the dashboard and the Heads-Up- Display makes you feel like you're sitting in the cockpit of a jet fighter.

Suggested Improvements

Better sound system, higher quality interior and deeper bucket seats for a more stable ride for your backside.

Fun car
By jerry

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love pretty much everything about the car, handling, speed, style, the look of course, and for the price, it clearly is the best sports car in value. Enough said. Speed

Favorite Features

Speed, roar of the engine, and handling

Suggested Improvements

I have only had the car for a month and a half, so at this stage I see nothing wrong.

Best Corvette , {Ever}
By Stan Phillips

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My 2005 C6, is the 5th Corvette that I've owned. It is also the best one I have owned. Design, workmanship, handling, power & overall driving is great. I was a little disturbed with the new body style, at first, {but}, after having it for a couple of weeks, you really see that it's a great design, with all the sculptured front fender style, rear styling etc. I liked the C5, & was going to purchase a C5, but after studying the new C6, realized that it is a {MUCH} better car. The engineering of the it is the best ever. I'm very happy with The C6 & give it a 10 rating. Chevy top engineers really did a fine job with it. Very nice Corvette, Especially for the money. Other sport type cars with it's performance,{like the Ferrari}, & Porche, cost much more.& really don't perform that much greater, or as good. I highly recommend the C6, as I'm very happy with mine.

Favorite Features

Handling is much lighter & positive than previous Corvettes. Engine is very responsive & much more power than needed, but nice to have. Workmanship & body mat'l. I also like the new electronic actuated doors & other electronic features,& the heads up display, which is on the C5's also.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any.

Awesome Corvette
By Pat

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Corvette. The overall quality is impressive, the performance and handling is world class and awesome. We recently completed a trip from WA. State to AZ and back, 28+ MPG, cruise set at 90+. Very comfortable on the long trip. I read comments by others giving a negative to the interior and I disagree. They need to look at the other cars out there and compare, I drove the Porsches, MB and BMW. This care is at least comparable in quality and fit, but far exceeds them in performance and value.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride, overall quality, engine and performance, handling. All are great. Corvette building team even called me about 2 months after I bought it.

Suggested Improvements

On rough pavement there is more noise transfer from the road to the cabin. This only occurs in States that won't outlaw studded tires like WA. AZ, Utah, Oregon and Southern CA. on the trip had great roads, made a big difference in sound transfer. I just turn up the stereo.

Best yet!
By SAJ

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my fifth Corvette and is the best yet. With magnetic ride control, it corners perfectly flat and yet the ride is extremely smooth. Acceleration is almost frightening and yet I've gotten 29 mpg on the open road. Interior quality, an issue in the 97, has been upgraded significantly. And there's something about the sound of the engine when starting the car that none of the older Corvettes had: it has a low growl that reaches a place in your soul.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, handling, the new paddle shifter.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of a thing.