2007 Chevrolet Aveo 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Gets you from A to

2007 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Review

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

LT Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Gets you from A to B
By JimHo on

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Just traded an 07 Aveo LT sedan/automatic in a few months ago. It had no real issues and it got the job done for me until I was ready to move up to something nicer. The engine is tiny but then again the car is pretty small. You aren't going to win any races in this thing but I could still pass safely on 2 lane roads. Driver visibility is excellent on this car due to the high seating position and wide windshield. Due to size, the car is also very agile in low speed tight turns, so it's easy to park and weave through city traffic. On the LT (maybe others) they also throw in a lot of nice options that you wouldn't expect in this price class, like heated mirrors and foglights.

Favorite Features

Driver visibility, foglights, heated mirrors. Decent fuel economy in city driving. Exterior styling is actually pretty nice. Interior on sedan seems more spacious and doesn't feel like other subcompacts.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel tank is too small for long highway roadtrips and the small engine struggled with hilly roads, forcing the RPMs way up and not getting good mileage at all. I know it's a subcompact but its safety features are pretty basic and that's one reason I traded up within 2.5 years of buying.