Used 2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

She's a good old gal
By lovee

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my basic Aveo in Feb 2007 right off the lot, brand new. My little silver bullet has been a pretty car with only a few minor problems. in 2012 i had to get the valve cover gasket replaced, 2013 both rotors had gone bad, but mechanically, she really has had any major motor issues. I feel she has a few good years left, as i don't think the basic model was intended to last beyond 10yrs. But, she may surprise me and keep on going.

Economically: Good price, good gas milage. Features, well it is a basic, no AC or power anything but that is not too bad as you get what you pay for. Good all around vehicle for the money and i would by one again.

If you are used all the bells and whistles, don't get a basic, get and LT or LS. Other than that, no improvements suggested.

Aveo 2007 Electrical Problems
By grams45

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2007 Chevy Aveo. Within the past four weeks, my car would not start after sitting overnight..I had it charged, and purchased a new battery. The very next day, the battery was dead...a new battery mind you. I took the battery back to the auto parts store and had it tested. I was told the battery was good. This had been going on for a week. So, I took my vehicle to the Chevy dealership and was told that I needed an alternator. A new alternator was installed. Since it the inception of the new one, the vehicle still continues to not start. I took the new battery back to the Auto parts store...I had it checked and it read good battery. I insisted on a new battery and received a new one installed. Again, the battery test and a systems test is reading with a 120A as suspect problem somewhere in the electrical system. Please tell me what I should be telling the chevy/GM technicans in order to make sure my car is being checked correctly.

Don't buy this car!
By lyds7

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car in 2007. Between 30K and 40K the timing belt broke and destroyed the motor. We put in new motor. The motor still isn't running right. The radiator was rubbed by the fan and made a hole in the radiator and we had to replace the radiator. Asked the chevy house why this hasn't been recalled they don't know. Put some foam pieces between the radiator and the fan. Foam pieces have fallen out. Expecting the radiator to have another hole and have to be replaced. It is a standard and is hard to shift. Please run from this car.

Not to bad gas mileage.

Little Red Car
By D Johnson

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for commuting after the gas prices finally got too much for me to pay with my truck. Been through two midwest winters and although it is small and light, trouble on the road from snow and ice has been minimal. The heater puts out enough heat to be comfortable and the vents are well placed for comfort. The high seating position is a treat and the turning radius makes in town driving easy. Bought the car used so had to accept that there is no cd player, but the aux. input has more than made up for it. The car has more pick up and go than I had anticipated and has great driver visibility and has been extremely reliable up to this point.

Aux. input on radio - good headlights

make the rear wheels alignable -

emissions or valves
By Debbie

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Starting at 20,000 miles the car would die, would not start or started rough. At a stop light it would idle ok but when I gave it gas it would continue to idle, didn't move. I was told this was loss of compression. Gm is sort of working with me on this, I believe what they were saying is the emissions would not totally leave the valves and when it fired again, you get carbonization on the valves. They have cleaned the valves with a cleaner ($400.00 thank you). What's next a valve job. Is gm kidding? this is a flaw in the engine design, or is it the emissions? will is pass emissions? it is great on gas, oh yah supreme only is recommended, it Burns hotter. Last Chevy for me!

Good on gas, seats are comfortable, Whistles in a crosswind, locks and unlocks itself, lots of personality.

start over GM,scrap it and buy American.

• SUV