Used 2002 Cadillac Escalade Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

2002 Cadillac Escalade

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

Minor problems
By M N Bajrangi

2002 Cadillac Escalade 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I enjoyed driving the escalade, but since it the first year it came out a few minor hiccup need to be corrected. When the back shock stays up it puts pressure on the front, thus when one goes in a little hole the front suspension goes up and down repeatedly.

Favorite Features

The sound system is beautiful. My only problem is when you start it the back shock goes up and when you cut it off one side goes down and the other side stays up. How can I correct that.

Suggested Improvements

For a car of only 14,000 miles and well cared for I don't think one should have any problem. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to rectify that problem. Thanks.

Cadillac Escalade
By john

2002 Cadillac Escalade 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This Cadillac is a blast to drive. The acceleration is quick and powerful. It has OnStar for any emergencies which is good. It takes time getting used to all of the space that it takes in different lanes compared to a passenger car though.

Favorite Features

Leather interior, Bose stereo, heated seats, power seats, lots of legroom, chrome wheels, HID lights, powerful V8 engine, and the cool social status associated with an Escalade.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel mileage. This suv costs almost $100 a week to fill up with the rising cost of gas.

Incredible
By sileagle

2002 Cadillac Escalade 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Compared to my 1999 Escalade this vehicle has been incredible. It would be hard to envision how GM could improve on this SUV.

good car
By mr philipe

this car is good

KID CAR/LUXURY VEHICLE
By MLYNNESMITH

2002 Cadillac Escalade 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I HAD BEEN DRIVING SEDAN DEVILLES FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS BEFORE CHANGING TO THE ESCALADE. I WATCHED THE VEHICLE UNTIL THE THIRD SEAT BECAME AVAILABLE, THEN I BOUGHT IT. I MUST SAY THAT I WAS A BIT SCHEPTICAL AS I WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE FROM A CAR TO A SUV. IN RETROSPECT, I AM GLAD I DID. I DO NOT BELIEVE I GAVE UP MY "caddie ride", NOR DID I GIVE UP MUCH OF MY ENGINE PERFORMANCE OR MANEUVERABILITY.

Favorite Features

ENGINE PERFORMANCE COMPARED TO OTHER SUV'S IN THE CLASS. IF THE MIRRORS WERE NOT RETRACTABLE, I WOULD NOT OWN THIS CAR DUE TO INACCESSABILITY TO MY GARAGE!! THE ADDITIONAL ENTERTAINMENT FEATURE AT THE SECOND SEAT ALLOWS MY KIDS TO LISTEN TO THEIR MUSIC WITHOUT BOTHERING THE DRIVER.

Suggested Improvements

CAPTAIN CHAIRS IN THE SECOND ROW OF SEATS WOULD BE GREAT AND HOW ABOUT A REAL SPACE FOR MY CELL PHONE.