Used 2011 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

2011 Buick LaCrosse

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

75,000 miles and counting...
By longmiledriver

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2011 model is not listed in Edmunds, an obvious oversite - Mine is a automatic FWD 3.6v engine/transmission - not the AWL. I drive about 50k per year - I have not had any issues at all. I purchased with 23.5 k Miles - had a weather strip replaced at purchase time. At 65 mph, I get about 29mpg, at 72 mph, about 26mpg. So far, I have not had to replace a thing. I did have engine light turn on- I am in harsh weather, and the sensor for misfire of a cylinder is really sensitive - this happened only once - I reset it and havent seen it in 15k miles sense.

Favorite Features

Style - interior lighting and design, leather quality, performance/efficiency for a heavy luxury car. Handling is real good. Impressive looking outside too - quality of paint seems good. Lots of people comment on how good the car looks! And yes, Shaq CAN fit in it...

Suggested Improvements

At initial movement only, you hear a slight bump noise which is the compression on driver hose. Nothing can be done and it is only a one time thing - not a big deal at all. Slight noise that comes from top of seat belt - I touch it and it goes away - happens occasionally.

DOA-Dead on Arrival
By kat803

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

On November 8, 2012, I received a call that my father was gravely ill. I packed up my car and headed out of town. Needless to say the week before I took the car to the dealership because I felt there was something going on with my Buick. I have had the car for 1 full year, bought it as a Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle. 2 months into my purchase. the car stopped on me and would not drive forward(Transmission Done)Almost 1 year later as we were about 1 hour into our 5 hour drive to visit my gravely ill father. My Buick literally died on me. It said "Reduced Engine Power". The car died on me. My father died and my Buick let me down on my drive to see him

Favorite Features

At this point, I want to trade the car in

Suggested Improvements

Complete performance overhaul(Transmission and Engine)

Car makes a loud noise when starting/also stalls at times
By lacrosseowner1

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 buick lacrosse last year. I'm very dissatisfied,,, this car has been to the dealership three times already. The car makes a loud annoying sound immediately after starting it. It has stalled on me several times and at times doesn't seems to be able to get enough power to make it go.. This will be my first and last Buick. Looks can definetely be deceiving

Favorite Features

Exterior and Interior look

Suggested Improvements

Improvement on motor, exhaust and vehicles internal features altogether.

LaCrosse Lemon
By lacrosselemon

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a new LaCrosse for $44,000 and are having major safety problems. The power steering has been worked on and replaced numerous times and is still making noises. The exhaust system had to be replaced after numerous times at Crown Buick and finally was replaced at 3 months. The car will not start intermittently. This has happened on numerous occasions and the service department manager nor the mechanics can fix this. The trunk pops open while driving and the latch was replaced. Crown Buick and GM are aware of these ongoing problems. GM offered to replace the vehicle but has not done so to date. The car has less than 5,000 miles. I am a prisoner to my home because of this car.

This is not your father's Buick
By lacrosselover

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was in the market for an entry level luxury car and was looking seriously at Lexus, Chrysler 300, Acura, KIA, etc... Every review kept pointing me to this car so I had to take the plunge and buy a 2011 CXL. From the minute I got in the car to the moment I turned off the ignition I knew that this car was everything Buick talks about with regard to the refinement that they have built into this car. I am an electrical engineer which means I am very analytical and I appreciate good engineering. This car is an absolute engineering marvel. The exterior is superb in design, the interior is luxurious and roomy, the V-6 Engine is very powerful and the sound system is top notch. No Complaints!

Favorite Features

I love the responsiveness of the V6 engine (I believe this is the same base engine as the V6 Camaro with a slightly different intake). The handling is superb and makes it VERY fun to drive. The sound system is clear and precise from low bass all the way through the mids and highs. Exterior design is superior to other cars in this class and chrome accents are a plus. LED rear lights are very good looking, LED turn signals on mirrors and entry lighting are a plus. Blue mood lighting inside is nice. Analog and digital speedometers are both nice. Bluetooth with my iPhone is flawless. Leather quality and contrasting stitching on dash is fantastic. Remote start with heated seats is a dream

Suggested Improvements

People complain about the trunk release, but face it, if you're going to release the trunk it probably means you are going to get into it. Whats so bad about walking around back and using the hidden touch sensitive pad to open the trunk? Gas cap is on the right side of the vehicle, should also be locking but is not. Fuel mileage rated at 27 highway, must have been tested when the car was going downhill with a 50mph tailwind. This is a 4000+lb car and the best I have received on the highway is about 25.6 overall using cruise at 65mph. You pay a little more for luxury and I WOULDN'T trade the 32mpg I used to get in my Honda Accord for the Lacrosse. **BUY THIS CAR!!!**