2011 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
75,000 miles and counting...
By longmiledriver on 04/10/13 06:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2011 model is not listed in Edmunds, an obvious oversite - Mine is a automatic FWD 3.6v engine/transmission - not the AWL. I drive about 50k per year - I have not had any issues at all. I purchased with 23.5 k Miles - had a weather strip replaced at purchase time. At 65 mph, I get about 29mpg, at 72 mph, about 26mpg. So far, I have not had to replace a thing. I did have engine light turn on- I am in harsh weather, and the sensor for misfire of a cylinder is really sensitive - this happened only once - I reset it and havent seen it in 15k miles sense.

DOA-Dead on Arrival
By kat803 on 11/26/12 14:15 PM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

On November 8, 2012, I received a call that my father was gravely ill. I packed up my car and headed out of town. Needless to say the week before I took the car to the dealership because I felt there was something going on with my Buick. I have had the car for 1 full year, bought it as a Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle. 2 months into my purchase. the car stopped on me and would not drive forward(Transmission Done)Almost 1 year later as we were about 1 hour into our 5 hour drive to visit my gravely ill father. My Buick literally died on me. It said "Reduced Engine Power". The car died on me. My father died and my Buick let me down on my drive to see him

Car makes a loud noise when starting/also stalls at times
By lacrosseowner1 on 06/25/12 13:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 buick lacrosse last year. I'm very dissatisfied,,, this car has been to the dealership three times already. The car makes a loud annoying sound immediately after starting it. It has stalled on me several times and at times doesn't seems to be able to get enough power to make it go.. This will be my first and last Buick. Looks can definetely be deceiving

LaCrosse Lemon
By lacrosselemon on 06/06/12 11:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a new LaCrosse for $44,000 and are having major safety problems. The power steering has been worked on and replaced numerous times and is still making noises. The exhaust system had to be replaced after numerous times at Crown Buick and finally was replaced at 3 months. The car will not start intermittently. This has happened on numerous occasions and the service department manager nor the mechanics can fix this. The trunk pops open while driving and the latch was replaced. Crown Buick and GM are aware of these ongoing problems. GM offered to replace the vehicle but has not done so to date. The car has less than 5,000 miles. I am a prisoner to my home because of this car.

This is not your father's Buick
By lacrosselover on 03/27/12 20:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was in the market for an entry level luxury car and was looking seriously at Lexus, Chrysler 300, Acura, KIA, etc... Every review kept pointing me to this car so I had to take the plunge and buy a 2011 CXL. From the minute I got in the car to the moment I turned off the ignition I knew that this car was everything Buick talks about with regard to the refinement that they have built into this car. I am an electrical engineer which means I am very analytical and I appreciate good engineering. This car is an absolute engineering marvel. The exterior is superb in design, the interior is luxurious and roomy, the V-6 Engine is very powerful and the sound system is top notch. No Complaints!

Attention to detail lacking....
By iceman721 on 02/18/12 06:41 AM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had this car as a long term rental and put several thousand miles on it. I am a previous Lexus & Cadillac owner. This car drives as well as the car it copied (Lexus LS 350). It is surprisingly quiet for an American car (on par with Lexus). The ride is also quite good over smooth pavement and acceptable on the rough stuff. The little things get annoying very quickly (see improvements). I wouldn't buy one of these new but I would consider one with low miles and a great price on the used market. The reliability ratings for the Buick brand have been above average which may inspire confidence. Set the bar higher Buick pay attention to the details.

Upscale Luxury Sedan
By bwia on 01/06/12 04:30 AM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great car in all respects except for MGP that is well below expectations.

The Air Out of my Balloon
By kat803 on 12/20/11 03:48 AM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

When I first bought my 2011 Certified Pre-Own Buick I was on cloud 9. I was torn between purchasing a Benz and the Buick. I decided to go American Made to support my country. I am begining to think I made a huge mistake. The Buick refused to move forward while I was driving last Saturday night. Turns out the Transmission is Gone. The car has 38,000 miles on it. Sometimes we can put too much technology on things which can mess up the reliability and integrity of a product. My New Digital Fridge at home has gone out on me 3x whereas my simple plain fridge never did. All my friends who were gonna buy a Buick are watching how my situation pans out. I have a lot of folks watching BUICK!

This car vibrates
By 6600madison on 12/07/11 07:01 AM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have the V6 with 18 inch wheels and have accrued 4500 miles on this car. Although beautiful, it has a constant vibration through the seats and causes the legs of my pants to visibly move. It has been back to the dealer twice. Once for a balancing which did nothing and once for a force balancing with one of the tires being replaced.The ride is worse than before. The vibration is so noticeable that I cannot enjoy anything about this care. I drive the same roads in a Toyota Solara and Hyundai Sonata which both have far superior rides. I have never been so disappointed with a car and will never return to GM. A huge mistake to leave Toyota. I wish I had paid the extra money to buy the Avalon.

Beautiful, Feature Packed, Mixed Emotions
By jamessam on 10/09/11 17:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2011 LaCrosse CXS black/black 19"wheels, Nav, Roof, nice power, very sexy car. However the trunk is puny, one set of clubs only. The interior ergonomics take a few weeks of ownership to pinpoint. The dash curves outward at the door just enough to bump your knee when exiting. The foot well is very tight for my size 11 feet. I'm 6'1" and the center arm rest is too high and to far back making long trips uncomfortable. And there's no storage to speak of inside. Bought new 7/2010, my steering column was replace 11/2010. Last Monday the steeing gear was raplaced @ 17,500 miles! That was enough for me, traded it in Thurday, lost $ on it, but i want to be able to steer man I've got kids to live for.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Buick LaCrosse in VA is:

$106 per month*