Used 2011 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

under 50k shouldn't have this many problems2
By pat walsh

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

bought with less than 10k on the clock. Wife loved the looks and ride. She traded an '06 Caddy and thought the ride was every bit as good. around 35k what sounded like tire noise developed. turns out (after buying tires) the noise MAY be hub bearings. About the same time the engine started stalling right off idle. thought it was the dreaded "throttle plate coking up" that seems engineered into every GM we've bought since 1996. Still not found that problem. I had tried to convince her to look at Nissans. She's finally listening. GM should have a 60k bumper to bumper warranty, or start building cars that have fewer problems than a 1970 Fiat.

75,000 miles and counting...
By longmiledriver

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2011 model is not listed in Edmunds, an obvious oversite - Mine is a automatic FWD 3.6v engine/transmission - not the AWL. I drive about 50k per year - I have not had any issues at all. I purchased with 23.5 k Miles - had a weather strip replaced at purchase time. At 65 mph, I get about 29mpg, at 72 mph, about 26mpg. So far, I have not had to replace a thing. I did have engine light turn on- I am in harsh weather, and the sensor for misfire of a cylinder is really sensitive - this happened only once - I reset it and havent seen it in 15k miles sense.

Style - interior lighting and design, leather quality, performance/efficiency for a heavy luxury car. Handling is real good. Impressive looking outside too - quality of paint seems good. Lots of people comment on how good the car looks! And yes, Shaq CAN fit in it...

At initial movement only, you hear a slight bump noise which is the compression on driver hose. Nothing can be done and it is only a one time thing - not a big deal at all. Slight noise that comes from top of seat belt - I touch it and it goes away - happens occasionally.

DOA-Dead on Arrival
By kat803

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

On November 8, 2012, I received a call that my father was gravely ill. I packed up my car and headed out of town. Needless to say the week before I took the car to the dealership because I felt there was something going on with my Buick. I have had the car for 1 full year, bought it as a Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle. 2 months into my purchase. the car stopped on me and would not drive forward(Transmission Done)Almost 1 year later as we were about 1 hour into our 5 hour drive to visit my gravely ill father. My Buick literally died on me. It said "Reduced Engine Power". The car died on me. My father died and my Buick let me down on my drive to see him

At this point, I want to trade the car in

Complete performance overhaul(Transmission and Engine)

Car makes a loud noise when starting/also stalls at times
By lacrosseowner1

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 buick lacrosse last year. I'm very dissatisfied,,, this car has been to the dealership three times already. The car makes a loud annoying sound immediately after starting it. It has stalled on me several times and at times doesn't seems to be able to get enough power to make it go.. This will be my first and last Buick. Looks can definetely be deceiving

Exterior and Interior look

Improvement on motor, exhaust and vehicles internal features altogether.

LaCrosse Lemon
By lacrosselemon

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a new LaCrosse for $44,000 and are having major safety problems. The power steering has been worked on and replaced numerous times and is still making noises. The exhaust system had to be replaced after numerous times at Crown Buick and finally was replaced at 3 months. The car will not start intermittently. This has happened on numerous occasions and the service department manager nor the mechanics can fix this. The trunk pops open while driving and the latch was replaced. Crown Buick and GM are aware of these ongoing problems. GM offered to replace the vehicle but has not done so to date. The car has less than 5,000 miles. I am a prisoner to my home because of this car.