Used 2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X6 model:

It ain't the "Leave it to Beaver" family car
By brinson

2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I’m 50 y/o, been married some 29 plus years and through the marriage the newest cars has always gone to the wife until now. Arriving at that new family cycle stage when the children have grown up left home and mini-van has out lived it usefulness. Hence the BMW X6 the next generation “MAN TOYS”; three words to describe it; exclusive, powerful, and stylist. The X6 is not a “Leave it to Beaver” family car but for those who are already to accelerate and say wee through the next stage in life. Weekends the wife and I will just on spur of a moment pack a small bag and hit the road and ride, this car is truly a joy to drive. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Favorite Features

The run flats tires; you keep going and going and going.

Suggested Improvements

Buy the road hazard warranty, I didn’t and it cost me $570 to replace one of the run flat tire (nail in the size wall).

Projection of unique characteristic
By carbonproject

2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I've had this car for just about a year now. 2010 model. I use this car to commute and Everywhere I go get a head turn from other people. You may call me an attention seeker. Yes, I enjoy people's stares on my vehicle. In fact, this car offers differentiation from other car owners. I personally think BMW's attempt of making a SAC was pretty bold move, yet succesful one. This car drives like sports sedan and has high view, offers good horse power and torque, but my favorite is the look. I have to say this car isn't for everyone. This car is for the people who's willing to spend money to differentiate oneself from others.

Favorite Features

Good high speed with stability. Air cool seat, butt massaging driver seat(although it could be more thorough touching), Big side mirrors, top-down view, Sexy look

Suggested Improvements

Bigger rims for a starter; maybe 20" then optional 21". Consumer's choice for the tires(performance or runflat) for the bundle rims. Better GPS navigation(this needs to be done), Free upgrades for the GPS navigation upgrade. $250 upgrade each time is just not acceptable living in a world of digital era. Better fuel efficiency.

A Big Mistake
By Bob

2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

My salesman took me for my test ride on a freshly paved highway and secondary road. I was pleased. I didn't realize this cars Achilles heel until driving off the lot (after the sale) onto a less than perfect road. Minor road imperfections hurl the passenger about the cabin like a rag doll, eventually making one seek out the smoothest routes to avoid this very, very unpleasant ride. It appears BMW engineers could only accomplish the X6's marginal increase in performance by completely sacrificing all other driving aspects expected in a luxury vehicle ride, SUV or otherwise. Unless you only drive on freshly paved, perfectly smooth road surfaces, you will likely regret buying this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Head turning good looks, acceleration, headlights, brake performance and maintenance warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Modify the suspension to correct the horribly harsh and unruly ride, provide option to run-flat only tires, reexamine the X6's many illogical controls (e.g., two step ignition and complicated cruise control), reduce excessive brake dust and improve the vehicles initial build quality.

Addicting to drive
By pt

2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I had this car for only a couple of weeks and so far I have been having a great experience. I drove the car on several long trips and have enjoyed every mile of it. The car is agile, tight, yet very comfortable to drive. Even though I have the smaller engine there is enough oomph to pass or just have some fun accelerating. The heads up display shows all the turns when the navigation is used so your eyes are glued to the road. Quite a neat feature. Parking is a breeze when you have the camera set at top view. You can see all 4 corners and the tires before it hits the curb. Overall an excellent build car. Kudos to BMW engineers.

Favorite Features

Heads up display, automatic high beam, navigation maps (perspective 3D view), overall style, and limited number on the road

Suggested Improvements

The navigation does not switch automatically to day or night mode. The rims accumulate so much brake dust in a few days.

Awesome car
By Noza

2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is most rare car in town or city and I hope keep this way for long time. I am from 325is, 325i, M3, 740il and latest, X6. This is most amazing car ever bought compared to previous cars. Don't think as X5 but PURE 4dr Coupe Sports car! I LOVE the Design and that is all I needed it even though I have to give my wife and 2 children everyday. Still getting used to X6.

Favorite Features

Style, Style, Style.... Performance, Performance, Performance, Almost same car as my old M3 but with heights for better view.

Suggested Improvements

Most of it except Style, style, style. Getting into seat without using running board is too high, views are limited, limited space, but compare to M3 coupe, x6 4 drs better for 2 children. They should put rear view camera for standard instead options you have to pay for.