2006 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

3.0i 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (47 reviews )
Manual transmission and Sunroof
By wnull on 08/09/13 11:11 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I traded in our car with our baby on the way and wanted an SUV that had both a manual transmission and a sun roof. NO new cars come with both so We picked up our 2006 X3 with 68K and now have about 77K after almost a year and absolutely love it! The storage in the back is a little tight but the movable tie downs are great. We ended up buying the crossbars for the roof so we can put a cargo box on top for our annually beach vacation. Worked wonderfully. Gas mileage has been pretty good, with summer gas and a trip to north western pa (No roof rack) we managed between 25-26mpg 85-90% highway. Around town we get anywhere from 18-21, depending on who's driving.

Very good CPO Buy
By mmuv on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this 4 yr old X3 in August and so far it is a very good small suv. The tranny is ultra smooth, the engine is smooth & torquey. Steering is BMW excellent. Build quality is very good. Consumer Reports gives it a best buy for the '06 yr & good reliability or I wouldn't have purchased it. So far no problems. I would strongly recommend it to anyone looking for a good used suv in the $20K-$25K range

Top SUV
By pinoyfrnc on 07/06/10 19:55 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

If you enjoy speed with a dash of mobility, flexibility, security and don't have a lot of commitment in life except to be with your love ones to include all your pets. This is the vehicle to get. Perfect size and comfort for the couple and/or some that just wanna go out and play some more.

Why had I been driving anything else?
By TMA on 12/03/09 21:04 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 130K in a Pathfinder, I was looking for something a little more sporty, solid, fun to drive but still large to haul kids. Looked at a lot of replacement options but fell in love with the X3 about five minutes off the dealer lot in a test drive. Transmission is great. Smooth ride. It's hard to take my foot off the accelerator. Only complaint is the weird/basic radio system and "always on" lighter outlets. Hate to replace the radio with an aftermarket, but I need satellite radio, USB port for I- pod and an AUX port. Just learned today that they have discontinued production on Sirius receivers for the factory radio. I'm going to put the Ipod/AUX ports up in the top dash compartment.

After 3 year lease, had to buy it!
By John in Pittsburgh on 02/19/09 20:21 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 35K miles, my assessment of this well-designed vehicle is you get what you pay for. It is not a sports car, so don't expect it to drive like a 3 series sedan, but then again, it doesn't drive like a truck either. The handling is still more impressive than a lot of cars, especially considering it's an SUV (er, sorry BMW marketing guys... "SAV"). It's not a luxury car, so don't buy it if you're looking for a smooth, refined ride. However, if you want something that is truly fun to drive, yet also has a practical side (meaning you can actually give rides to adults and shop at The Home Depot) the X3 is a great choice. I constantly get genuine compliments from friends who own luxury sedans.

It is all in the engineering! No frills
By Cecilia Dowd on 10/03/07 22:53 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for 14 months. One trip to the dealership for leaking oil was quickly resolved. Driving this car over 80 mph, winding roads or bad weather is where you really appreciate and enjoy this car and its capabilities. It handles extremely well. I feel very safe driving this car.

Love My X3!
By J9 on 09/15/07 15:31 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great SUV. This is my first BMW but I have driven many other luxury SUVs. By the way I was torn between this and the X5. I am glad that I chose this one. Better pricing and, believe it or not, a lot more cargo space in height area. Smooth ride. People are always amazed when they get in my truck because it is much bigger on the inside than it looks. Very spacious! Just put 18K on my baby. I love to drive this truck!

Great ride, but...
By Vera on 08/16/07 10:39 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have the X3 now for one year and love the way it handles. It does have a light hesitation, which is rather annoying (automatic transmission). My beef is with the electronics: the in-dash MP3 player is very touchy. My newer MP3 CDs didn't play at all (but they played in another BMW). Now I only get the "CD Check" 1/3 of the time, which means it can't read the CD. I had it looked at but they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Then the telephone function disappeared from my display. Also, the navigation is always off. Sometimes I'm 50 feet in the boonies off the road, and the list goes on.

BMW fan buys another good one
By Chad Cribbins on 07/12/07 15:16 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 7th BMW and I purchased this one pre-owned with about 10k miles on it. It is a great vehicle, handle like my 330ci and is really quick! Great view of the road, great long distance car also. Mileage is just ok, but that's to be expected of an AWD vehicle. Very safe for my wife and two kids under 2 yrs old! Confident and comfortable! Always enjoy ownership experience with BMWs - total ownership with no additional out of pocket expenses makes life easy!!

06 X3
By comer98 on 06/26/07 12:53 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 1 year and 12000 miles of ownership the newness has worn off, but the performance remains. This is the best handling vehicle I have ever owned. Overall, I am very pleased with the purchase. The price is high, but it is a BMW and leasing incentives make owning this vehicle very affordable for the first 3 years. Problems: radio display is malfunctioning (LCD screen is all messed up) and a replacement has been on order for over 1 month; recently have started to experience the door sqeaking or rattling when the windows are rolled up. Also have an annoying headliner rattle above the drivers seat. Hope to have these issues resolved when the new radio arrives. Overall, still very happy.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.