2005 BMW X3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:
Extremely poor reliability
By gf1234 on 05/22/12 09:55 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car has terrible reliability in 3 yrs I have spent nearly $10,000 in repairs. - two A/C compressor hoses - sunroof leak - air mass meter - all for O2 sensors - complete radiator replacement Do not buy this car.

Great Car
By PR on 09/15/07 21:20 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The 2.5 has been surprisingly zippy to drive. It is the best car on snow that I have ever owned. Very rough ride and poor fuel economy are my two key complaints. I've never had any significant problems and I have about 45,000 miles on it now. It had several nuisance problems while under warranty like rattles and problems with warning lights but nothing significant. BMW seems a little loose on their quality control, especially for the price. Overall, however, the car is excellent. I have noticed it is a head turner too. People still stop and look at it in parking lots and it is two years old.

The best SUV for the money
By Peyman on 12/19/06 20:37 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

We have owned our 2.5L X3 for over a year now and we could not be happier. This is an excellent crossover SUV.

Fun to drive
By Rayneman on 03/21/06 18:50 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great car to drive a little bumpy but not bad. Fuel economy isnt as good as I hoped but better then others. Overall like the car funt to drive will probably buy another BMW.

Fun, reliable and good gas milage
By Joe on 11/08/05 20:21 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Traded a Lexus RX300 for the BMW. The BMW is far more nimble and fun to drive. My gas mileage has been great, 18 to 20 in town and 25 to 26 on the highway. The BMW is not as quiet or luxurious as the Lexus but has more room behind the rear seat and the seats are more comfortable (still pretty hard though). My only complaint is that the interior is dfficult to keep clean. The dash and synthetic seats look tough but show every spec of dust. Advice: don't get the black interior.

X3 Rating
By Kenneth Lowrie on 11/08/05 11:57 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The only objection I have to this vehicle is the need to use premium fuel. However, maybe that's necessary because of the outstanding engineering.

Great SUV
By Steve on 11/06/05 17:29 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The BMW X3 has great styling and sporty ride. I can't wait to drive it in the snow.

X3
By George on 09/20/05 01:12 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The X3 is a very fun to drive SUV. More carlike in its attitude with great traction in rain and snow.

Great, reliable, and fun.
By Austin Murphy on 08/21/05 20:14 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

It is a wonderfully fun car to drive yet still is reasonable in size, fuel economy, and features. The 2.5-liter engine can be a bit underpowered but most of the time gets you around with plenty of power to spare. Fuel economy is great for the type of vehicle and interior design is wonderful. If I could bash on one thing it would be that the interior be a little quieter other than that the car has great visibility and can fit five comfortably it's a great buy. It of course drives like a BMW too so why not buy it.

My X3
By Kenneth Lowrie on 07/15/05 17:53 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car. I love SUV's. My earlier car was a Ford Explorer. This smaller vehicle is far superior for the city driving I do. I don't particularly like the fact that I have to use premium gasoline, but with the good fuel mileage I get it's really not that much more expensive to operate. It handles wonderfully and is fun to drive.

1 2 3 4 5 next »