Used 2004 Audi TT Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Audi Tt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:

Most Helpful|
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CAR!
By Kingsampson

2004 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my TT now for about 2 weeks and I absolutely love it! It is sooooo much fun to drive. I've driven Volvos for the past 9 years and they were never as much fun as this car! I'm always looking for excuses to go driving in it. I drove several makes of cars before leasing this vehicle and I'm glad that I chose this one.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, interior design, Bose sound system, handling and spunk

Suggested Improvements

ARM REST, rear window wiper,logical cup holder placement, controls for the audio system on the steering wheel (but the fun of driving this vehicle makes you over look these minor details)

Test Drivw at your own risk!
By rcbonn

2004 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The best vehicle that I have ever been in? No. The best vehicle that I have ever owned or driven? Absolutely!! More fun than I could have believed. After my wife and I test drove a tt 225 coupe we agreed that this was the car that we had to have. It is everything that I had hoped for. Responsive, fast, nimble, very comfortable and also very cool. Our tt turns heads and puts smiles on the faces of everyone who rides in it or who dares to drive it. Do not test drive this car unless you are ready to purchase one. From the crisp Bose sound system to the heated seats this car is luxury and sport come together with just the right blend. All wheel drive, 100+ MPH & city streets at 27 MPG!

Favorite Features

Smooth shifting, great acceleration, very comfortable seats and an awesome sound system. Gently touch the gas at any speed 10 - 100 and you wil be pleasantly surprised with the strong response. Cruise or corner agressively the fun is the same.

Suggested Improvements

More accessible cup holders? I had to get pretty picky to come up with that.

TT Dolomite
By JettaRed

2004 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car as a CPO car in September 2007. It had come off of a lease and was immaculate. The styling is untouchable, the Audi rings are enviable. Boy racers (WRX, Evo, etc) don't even come close to the classiness of this car. Now the fun! With some computer reprogramming and bolt-on performance modifications, this car will behave according to its image. Chip tuning, water injection, exhaust upgrade, and AWD controller upgrade make this car the car that the factory should have produced.

Favorite Features

Styling, status, and tunability.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the rear seat on the coupe and save some weight.

Disapointed with Audi TT
By hirams

2004 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car 5 years ago in 2008 with only 28K miles and even though its fun to drive the repairs has been ridiculous. The factory warranty expires at 48K/4years. The car was 4yrs and 5 months when I bought it. At 32k the instrument cluster needed replacement at a cost of 1,250. At 40K the water pump needed to be replaced 1,850. At 45k the transmission needed to be replaced 5,200. At 56k the alternator, belt and tensor were replaced 1,650. At 72k the alternator was replaced again for 595. Audi should've replaced the the instrument cluster and the transmission because both failed before 50k but they washed their hands. After this experience I'll stay with BMW,never buy an Audi again.

A fun car
By Meggie D.

2004 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car because it reminded me of the old Karmann Ghias. It doesn't drive like one though. Its zippy, powerful and a blast to drive.

Favorite Features

Electric top that can be operated with 1 hand.

Suggested Improvements

Its a little slow at the low end of first gear.