2004 Audi S4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S4 model:
A must test drive
By GSP on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

If your in the market comparing M3 and the C55 AMG, you must drive this car. Easier drive than the M3, and not as showy as the C55. (sometimes you don't want people to know what you have). Quattro makes any roadway feel safe and stable, and V8 makes this car move.

One Happy Guy
By DoltDodger on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Test drove several Mercedes, owned two BMWs, this car is about the perfect balance for me. I prefer the more immediate steering feel of a BMW, however Audi has done a great job with the steering in this car. (All wheel drive prevents it being any better.) I also perfer rear wheel drive, but this car doesn't have the obnoxious front wheel drive feel most AWD cars provide. The power is great fun, the ride exceptional given the performance envelope of the car. I can't find fault with the interior, & actually love the stealthy exterior. A BMW M3 may be quicker, but not by much, and the ride is much worse. Don't buy a performance sedan without test driving an S4.

fun, comfortable, rocket
By 47xuf1 on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in an A4, which I loved, for this car, but this car is in another league from any other car I have ever driven or owned. The engine is just unreal. It pulls from any RPM. The handling is sublime and the interior is just beautiful. Every time I drive this car it puts a smile on my face.

audii
By al-bon on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Audi S4 is a great car all the way around..... only if it had better gas milage it would be a 10

Stable rocketry!
By timcrow on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Quite simply put, one of the most stable rides out there. An incredibly well thought out machine at a price point that makes more expensive "comparable" cars in class appear laughably over-valued. Ask any German national, by the way, which of the big three manufacturers cranks out the finest auto and without fail, they'll say Audi (I've tested this on several occasions). Do yourself a favor and at least take an S4 for a test drive.

Little Rocket
By Chi-town S4 on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

This was quite an upgrade from the 2000 S4 2.7 Turbo I owned before. This car is nothing but fun to drive (except in rush hour traffic). Besides the ride of the car, it's also a very classy looking car (I love the chrome mirrors). I have yet to meet an M3 driver who isn't impressed with this S4. I recommend this car to anyone considering it.

Why has no one heard of the S4?
By chrisincalif on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I had an '03 A4 CVT (hated CVT) and upgraded to my S4. I actually laughed out loud the first time I drove it. An amazing car. The sound of the engine alone makes you want to get behind the wheel. The all-wheel drive provides a secure feeling around corners. Design-wise, no domestic, BMW or Benz or Japanese car even compares. I had a Nogaro blue with enhanced black/blue interior. The seats "hug" you and makes you feel secure while driving.

2004 V8 vs. 2001 Biturbo
By adeshpa on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2001 S4 biturbo for a 2004 6-spd. The 2004 is very quick (with MT clocking a 5 second 60 MPH sprint, versus the factory's 5.6 est.), with an incredibly usuable torque curve. Unlike the 2001, there is no lag in acceleration, and it pulls hard from 2k RPM all the way to 5k before tailing off--you don't have to work the engine hard to bring a smile to your face. The torque is noticeable on the highways as well, where 60-90 MPH sprints pass by in a blur. Minuses--Fit and finish is poorer, mileage is terrible, harsh ride (esp. if you live in the NE), adaptive steering and handling generally can be irritating. Gripes are small.So far I love it.

Fun but on second engine
By dexters4 on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Great car, lots of fun, much quicker than previous S4, but reliability very poor, had to have engine replaced within first month. Quality otherwise very impressive, could get better mileage but with a car like this, who cares. Sealer service dept great, but rest of dealership experience terrible. Audi America has work to do.

If you have the means...
By salmjo1 on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Each piece is done just right: glorious motor, slick gearbox, fabulous seats, sharp styling, all the creature comforts. This car is just incredible to drive.