2001 Audi S4 Consumer Review: The best overall car I have ev

2001 Audi S4 - Consumer Review

quattro Sedan (2.7L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic)

The best overall car I have ever owned
By My Favorite Car EVER on

2001 Audi S4 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is absolutely perfect. Though My wife made me opt for the tiptronic rather than the 6 speed, this car is still a blast to drive. You can really feel the autobahn engineering. It gives you a planted feel regardless of speed or driving conditions. I ski 15 to 20 times a winter and I have never had a problem taking this up the mountain. Quattro is excellent in the snow. Before this I had a Mercedes ML320 SUV, and I would take the audi any day. No regrets on my purchase. The biggest problem that I have had is that the stereo stopped working and had to be replaced, and I understand that this is a common issue in these cars.

Favorite Features

The best thing about this car is the everyday versatility it offers. It is calm enough for my wife to take my daughter to soccer practice in, and when pushed a little harder is great fun when thrown around up in the hills. The heated seats are the best of any car I have ever owned.

Suggested Improvements

Tiptronic inhibits performance. Go for the six speed. Better ski storage would be nice. Suede seat inserts get dirty quickly and are a pain to clean. More rear leg room would be a plus. More reliable stereo, with steering wheel mounted controls.