Used 2009 Audi Q5 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Audi Q5 - Consumer Reviews

2009 Audi Q5 SUV

3.2 Premium quattro 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (55 reviews )

I NEVER write reviews
By NewQ5

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Okay, this is my first review on a car. I have previously owned 3 Lexus, BMW, Acura, and Toyota's. This is my first Audi, had test drove the A4 when buying Acura and was not impressed, so almost did not even look at the Q5. Glad I did, this IS THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED. Upside, engine is great, street from my house is a hill and a turn against oncoming traffic, the car provides the extra torque in the rear wheel for complete control, ALL other cars has issue with this even BMW 535i also 2009. Interior is extremely nice - I have nearly all the options so car price tag is $50k, which is appears overpriced at first, but when comparing quality interior and options is right on the money.

Favorite Features

Engine, Drive, and the NAV which is a small screen and I thought I would hate, is THE BEST NAV I have seen (compared to Lexus, BMW, Acura and Toyota), love the heat/cool cup holder.

Suggested Improvements

Cargo space in back is a bit lite compared to others, BUT driver and passenger areas feel roomier - have to give up space somewhere.

Handles poorly in Town/City traffic
By voltrader66

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Car has a serious issue with the gearbox. In start/stop traffic, the gear is either too low or too high. Unable to shift correctly. Jerky harsh ride in town driving. Fuel economy is much poorer than the stated.

Favorite Features

Styling.

Suggested Improvements

Need to sort out the gear changes in the auto box. Maybe a software reprogramming will fix it.

Impresive Audi
By bomy

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The lease for my MB ML320 ended so I did some shopping around. I've tried Acura RDX and MDX and I had serious concern on passenger safety and lack of visibility. The same experience I had with Infiniti. MB GLK is really repulsive in design and BMW is still in the works to replace the outdated X3. Q5 was the best choice that I could have made. The design is outstanding, craftsmanship on the same level. Nice gadgets and the rooftop made my life so easy in convincing my wife: a 10 out of 10.

Favorite Features

Side mirrors, transmission, roof, LED lights, interior and exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

None so far.

I love this car!
By Audisreallydorock

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car is such a big upgrade from our 2006 X3 (which we loved), I can only begin to describe it. Comfortable, huge acceleration, great steering, excellent visibility. Perfect car for our little family driving around the city. Plenty of room for car seats, strollers, groceries, etc. and looks good enough to bring out for a night on the town. Little nits: side mirrors are too big, auto-dimming rear view mirror dims too often, and brakes are a tad squishy for my taste. But, I love driving this car. Best car we've owned. By far. Including my BMW 328 (blasphemy!). Compared the Volvo XC60, Mazda CX-9, BMW X5, Acura MDX, Lexus RX350: this was a no brainer.

Favorite Features

We love the MMI system, auto rear gate, LED headlights, and overall design.

Suggested Improvements

MPG could be better (16-17 almost 100% city traffic), but not as bad as the old X3. Better A/C - Audi just doesn't make a very good A/C unit.

Nice ride
By WahooDDS

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent all-around luxury SUV. Traded in our 2004 Volvo XC 90 (transmission problems). Looked at the Volvo XC60 and Lexus RX 350 among several others. After the dealer let us take the demo for a weekend we were sold. The ride is far more superior and has many luxury features in a very attractive package, inside and out. This car is just plain fun to drive and exudes quality. We are getting about 21 mpg overall (majority city driving).

Favorite Features

Side assist works beautifully. MMI navigation system is the best on the market and really separated this car from the XC 60. Bang and Olufsen sound system is excellent. Panoramic sun roof is also fantastic. Like the temperature controlled cup holder and keyless entry/start.

Suggested Improvements

Side view mirrors are large and take some time getting used to (but they offer excellent vision). Left arm rest a little low. Recommend a sloping (up, front to back) arm rest to accommodate a wider variety of people. The car manual should be more descriptive of features.