2009 Audi Q5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

3.2 Premium quattro 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (55 reviews )
Audi Q5 - Great SUV!
By Phil in Dallas on 09/14/09 13:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My wife in on her second Audi (first an A4, now an A6). I'm the "designated SUV driver" in the family. I had a 5 year old Nissan Murano, which performed well and was a good value, but I've always been jealous of my wife's Audi(s). I looked at several mid-sized SUV's as a replacement, but none compared with the Q5. It drives like a sport sedan, with all of the comfort and convenience of a SUV. The size is perfect for getting around downtown and parking spaces, but it feels very large inside.

Awesome, almost perfect, Audi
By Elle on 08/28/09 19:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car looks and handles great. It is fun to drive, has plenty of cargo space, and has a great sound system. I came from a Mercedes with every bell and whistle imaginable and with this car, don't miss it. I agree that the side mirrors are too big and take getting used to. I do also agree the the shifting of the gears when breaking can be a little jerky- I may just need to get used to it.

Best In Its Class
By Bignewf on 08/27/09 11:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2004 VW Touareg V8 with 125,000 miles. I love this new car. It drives like a dream, a sports car feel with the high ride of an SUV. The interior is simply elegant (I got the Cinnamon brown leather and deep blue exterior), premium plus with Navigation and 19inch wheels. My closest choice was the Volvo XC60, which is also a great car, but the MMI system on the Audi is just, well, cool. The volvo's nav feels very old school and clunky. My only criticism of this car is that when the back seats fold down, there is a gap across the cargo area that a dog's feet could get caught in. Also, the MMI phone system is a dial rather than buttons and plugging in for voicemail is a pain.

Great Ride & Performance- GPS lacking
By metsknicksfan on 08/26/09 10:06 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My 2009 Prestige Q5 rides like a sport sedan. Great acceleration (especially in sport mode), and responsive steering. I was really surprised on my first all highway trip (approx 75 miles), when I averaged 29.1 mpg! The ride is a bit bumpy on side street streets. Great access to rear storage due to low entry. Seats fold easily. Bang and Olefsun sound system is awesome. The GPS leaves a lot to be desired. The "point of interest's" do not let you choose ANY retail stores. Good luck trying to find nearest Home Depot, Staples, Target, or supermarket- NOT HAPPENING. The restaurant search is a basic listing- can't choose cuisine- Italian, Japanese, etc. My $200 Garmin GPS is far superior.

Audi owner
By audialways on 08/16/09 18:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my sixth Audi and the second SUV. Although I love the Q7, I didn't need one that big. I traded it in for the new Q5 and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Audis are very strong and safe cars to drive; they handle the roads so well; especially in these New England winters. There is a sense of security when driving them that I have not felt with other brands.

So thrilled
By newb2audi on 07/20/09 18:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Previous car was a Subaru 08 STI 5 dr hatch. Speed, agility, utilitarian use best describes our needs. STI proved to be too low for driving on VT pot hole roads. So what was out there that would be fun to drive, quick acceleration, a great solid ride, not too fancy in appearance and interior, yet functional? My friends on facebook submitted their suggestions, this is how I came across the q5! In traffic, great visibility, amazing control maneuvering slow pokes. Quiet. An overall sense of being in your own world with its secure solid build. Great turning into parking spaces. The vehicle drives and feels small. We bought the premium model, base with some options which kept the price down.

Great Crossover SUV
By rb on 07/20/09 12:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Q5 after driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee for the last 5 years. I loved my jeep and hated to give it up but the build quality was poor and gas mileage was terrible. I wanted a higher quality vehicle that still could function as a SUV but drove well and offered better gas mileage. The Q5 fits the bill. The Q5 has a high ground clearance and decent cargo room. It handles great and Iíve been getting 25 MPG + at 75 MPH. The cabin is quiet, the seats are comfortable and the visibility is very good. This car provides great car performance with the functionality (functions you use 99% of the time) of a SUV. This is one of the best reviewed luxury SUVís on the market and I can see why!

Absolutely the "best crossover" now!!
By bi on 07/19/09 20:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Test drove many SUV / crossovers in this segment including X3 and RX350. Hands down Audi Q5 won. I have owned it now for three (3) weeks -and- the car is simply perfection in all aspects from comfort to performance.

MMI Navigation/Audio annoyance
By Joe O on 07/18/09 10:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Do not buy the MMI Navigation/Audio system unless you enjoy having it on every time you start the vehicle. You have two choices when starting your car. 1) The display comes on and the radio/media begins playing. OR 2) The display comes on with an Audi advertisement screen and the radio/media is off. Trying to blank the Audi advertisement screen causes the radio/media to come back on. You cannot start the car with the display and audio off. This is extremely annoying! I contacted Audi customer care. The representative verified this operation. I was told this operation is normal and they have no plans to fix it. There is no software/firmware update available to address this problem.

Excellent Luxury Crossover
By patel1234 on 07/15/09 14:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Amazing ride, quality and craftsmanship. Drove the X3 and XC60 and the q5 beats them hands down in all areas. Audi has really done a good job in engineering this car. My only complaint is that Audi should include more standard options on a premium plus. Bang and Olufsen, in my opinion should be standard on a premium plus. Heated seats are standard but currently there isn't an option for Cool/ventilated seats. They get really hot in the summer. For a 40+ thousand dollar car, one would expect more standard options. If there was a option to score on Value, i would give it a 7 or 8 simply because you can find more options for the price in Cadillacs, Lexus, Acura.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Audi Q5 Suv in VA is:

$124 per month*