2010 Audi A8 Consumer Review: Best Luxury Sedan Value

2010 Audi A8 - Consumer Review

L 4.2 quattro Sedan (4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Best Luxury Sedan Value
By Audi Fan on

2010 Audi A8 L 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second audi,I upgraded my 2008 A6 to a 2010 A8. I also considered the BMW 550i GT and 7 series. I chose the Audi because it offered the best combo of luxury, performance and value. If you look at raw numbers of horse power and 0 to 60 times then the BMW shines, but if you drive the two cars there is no comparison. The Audi's acceleration is like butter, the car seems to move effortlessly. I was always skeptical about whether or not the price jump from the A6 to the A8 was really worth it, but after driving both there is a big difference and I believe the cost is worth it. To be clear I am a fan of the A6, but I felt it was just a bit under powered with the 3.2 FSI engine.

The effortless acceleration combined with unmatched ride comfort were the main selling point for me. I also like that the Audi is a bit understated compared to the S Class and the 7 Series. It has a timeless design that is very appealing. The interior is best in class period.

Hard to improve perfection, I do have one suggestion, the MMI is probably getting a bit long in the tooth, so it would be nice if they could develop a technology platform that could be upgraded with out having to purchase a new car. Rear Headrests should fold away.