Used 2003 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

A4 3 Quattro Sport
By gwgold

2003 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

22,000 miles now and the car is just getting stronger.Impecable build quality.I have not figured out yet why people do not buy cars with AWD.With the quattro I just plow on like the terminator through rain and winds.No real problems to date , only a turn signal bulb and xenon bulb needed to be replaced. Great car, Waiting for the new S4,

Quattro,sport package

Small car handling, large car elegance
By sparis43

2003 Audi A4 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

In the short two months since taking delivery, the A4 has been nothing but trouble free and enjoyable. Sure, the back seat is cramped for adults (just to get that out of the way). But it performs in so many ways...it can be a sporty car in the twisties or a relaxed cruiser on the highway. Styling inside and out are top shelf. Material quality is first rate. You'll wear out the owner's manual learning the all the clever features and amenities. The A4 gets 28+ mpg on the Interstate, is ULEV certified and is at the top or near the top in the insurance rating on 5 mph bumper bash test. Perfect? No, but is any car?

The elegant, understated design; material quality; Audi Advantage warranty; performance; exclusivity (every 4th car on the road seems to be BMW 3 series)

More leg room for rear seat passengers, engines use regular unleaded rather than premium, lower price

Best Value in it's class.
By GaryC

2003 Audi A4 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got this one after a 01 BMW 325CI 5spd. Performance is better than expected. The handling is great, better than my BMW. Seat has more adjustments but slightly less comfortable. Initial quality is superb. Car is tight and very solid. Cup holders have been improved. More features than BMW and a better value, looks better to(4 Door).

Sport mode, power closing mirrors, Onstar.

Change the trim around the trans. Too easy to scratch. Include a color display DVD based NAV option.

Great Car
By audibound03

2003 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great car for what you pay for. I use to love the BMW 330 but when I drove the A4 I fell in live with it. Audi has thought of everything. You can buy the performance chip from Audi performance Racing APR witch increases the horsepower by 40 hp. This is a great investment. This gives the A4 the little extra power needed.

Sports suspension, xenon lamps, 17 inch tires, Bose sound system, Triptronic, interior lighting

Turbo lag, Sunroof makes thumping noise when open all the way. Besides that Great car.

Understated Elegance
By understated elegance

2003 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I've had my Moro Blue Beauty for less than 24 hours, and I've already put 250 miles on her. So far, it's met/exceeded my expectations. The 1.8T with CVT is surprisingly strong (and I used to drive a Lexus IS300). With the top up, the cabin is serene. Top down ride is comfortable. My only regret is that my car came with the Sports Package -- the stiffer suspension may cause unnecessary squeaks and rattles, especially in a convertible.

Beautiful interior/exterior color combination. Beautiful build quality. Surprisingly refined powertrain for a four cylinder. The top operation is simple & refined.

I have noticed a couple of squeaks from the dash when traversing bumps, but cowl shake is negligible. Like all Audis, the brakes are a tad bit too grippy.