2003 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews 36

2003 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Looks good, but built in cheap quality..
By Phil on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought my Audi on Feb this year. It was good at first time for every facts. Problem is now gettin serious. I got overheating once already. Suspension problem occurs at same parts three times. And little noise, bulbs out so many times....lots of problem. I'm preparing to sell this car and never buy Audi. I would buy Japanese car next time.

This is a very nice car
By waiting4thenewS4 on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Trade-in Mustang for this one to please my wife. So far she still loves it. Overall it's very nice car, esp. the interior quality and design. Turbo lag could be made less noticeable.

Not a Soccer Mom Car
By saabconv on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Having no children, not wanting a mini- van or an SUV, but needing the space I decided on the A4 Avant 3.0. The car doesn't look like a station wagon, I get compliments from everyone, it rides great in the rain and over wet leaves, it feels like a bigger car, fun to drive, couldn't ask for more....

awesome
By audi luvr on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Awesome car, perfect in nearly every way, and with a price near many cars of lower quality or features it simply can't be beat. The car is a blast to drive with a slick and smooth transmission a strong economical engine, and great steering the car always asks for more. With a beautiful interior made of quality materials everywhere, the inside is bacially the most comfortable and safest vault ever. A new and sporty exterior it's good looking from basically every angle without using cheap graphics or cladding to attract your attention.

Good value Audi
By pc on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Well built car. It is a bargain at its price. Well equipped. A very capable vehicle.

not what I expected
By ccunning on 10/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I recently test drove this car. Overall it's a solid car, very well built and attractive. It's very smooth and has good power, very comfortable driver. Unfortunately it left me wanting in terms of performance. While power was good, handling was not. It just didn't feel like a driver's car, lost it's composure too easily under hard turns. I also wasn't too fond of the interior, there are too many buttons all over the place making it look busy, and the rest of the interior is just rather plain. It's a good comfortable car, but not a driver's car.

Zoom Zoom
By mcmuney on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

WoW, what a great car. I went for the the V6 220HP because I don't like driving 4 cylinder cars for some reason. The design and performance of this car is just amazing. The power just oozes out when in tiptronic mode, it's really fun to drive. All the little gadgets are a plus, not to mention the red interior color. My A4 lacks some comfort, but only because I went with the sports suspension. If you want more comfort, don't get this option. Otherwise, it's grrreat!!

hunk o junk
By Robert Pelton on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

the car broke down within 24 hours. An apparent problem that Audi is aware of but prefers to have it done as warranty work rather than recall

Great Car but Terrible Gas Mileage
By Mario Duron on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This 2002 Audi Avant Automatic with an average of 17mpg. I can do straight highway and still only get 20mpg. Now the sticker says I should be getting 19 city and 28 Highway. But that is a bold- face lie. NO!, I wish Audi would post an accurate MPG on the sticker so buyers would be aware of what cost they are getting into. Another feature i don't like is the oil changes at 10,000 mile intervals. The dealer does not know if I have motor oil or synthetic? Services are supposed to be free for 4yr or 50,000 miles. mmm I used to change my oil every 3000 miles.

Beautiful and Refined
By Meni on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

An absolutely stunning convertable. When topless, wind and noise levels are pleasantly low. With the top up, comfort is comperable to a sedan, which is a good thing. The roof is even lined on the inside! The interior design and amenities are lavish, logical, and perfect to the touch. Audi is clearly a class leader when it comes to fit and finish. The 3.0 V6 married to the high- tech Multitronic transmission results in smooth acceleration. Power is surprisingly plentiful and fuel efficient for such a heavy car (3800 lbs). Only regret is that I didn't get the Sport Package (which will be remedied with after-market springs).