By nek_md on
2009 Audi A3 2.0T quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Before I purchased my A3, I had been longing for an Audi for quite some time. Dealer made the new A3 more financially attractive than a low-mileage A4 from the prior model year. I have not regretted my decision and now have ~17,000 mi. on the car. No major mechanical problems. No quality issues except for poorly tracking sun-roof shade. The engine is peppy. There IS turbo lag, contrary to what some critics have said, but the torque band is band is broad and smooth once it is engaged. DSG works nicely and allows driver to drive all speeds in manual fashion. Lovely steering wheel. Intuitive gauge placement. Supportive seats, although more side bolstering would be nice. Love the QUATTRO.
Favorite Features
Engine, DSG, QUATTRO. Top-safety pick from the IIHS. Bullet-proof snow vehicle: With high-performance snow tires, it stuck to the road like glue in white-out conditions during a Vermont blizzard last winter. Trunk-space (yes, trunk space--and versatility).
Suggested Improvements
Satellite radio and phone controls are not intuitive. Windshield washer/wiper programming needs to lose the delay wipe-once feature after the washing cycle is done. Needs rear fog light and auto-off headlamps for those of us who live in the North.