Very pleased with my first Acura, love the 2013 RDX.
By busyworkingmom on
2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I spent a lot of time researching this auto purchase. I needed a car that I can commute in but also travel up the Utah canyons for skiing and also, take on road trips. The 2103 RDX was the perfect fit for me--size, features, price, gas mileage and reliability. My neighbors have an earlier RDX and have little good to say but when I saw the reviews and the gas mileage on the 2013, I knew I had to drive it. Very glad I did. I was on the verge of purchasing another car--and the RDX quickly changed my mind. It's fast enough, the interior is well designed, it looks classic so it won't be completely dated in 10 years (I keep my cars a long time!) and I love all of the features.
Favorite Features
The gas mileage! Very good gas mileage for a small SUV with a V-6. On freeway driving, it has been averaging 29 MPG and around town, it has been averaging 24 MPG. The small size of the vehicle is a plus. Despite this, the interior is plenty roomy for my husband (6' 4") and one of my teenaged sons (6' 3"). We drove this vehicle over 2000 miles during our vacation and everyone was comfortable!
Suggested Improvements
Rear seat vents would be great--but not a big deal, I don't sit back there. On our trip to Banff, my two teenaged boys were in the back--they didn't seem to notice the lack of vents--despite our black RDX with black interior. (Incidentally, I noticed a number of cars in the same price range without back vents, weird.) Trunk space is limited but adding rails & a roof box (we didn't buy the acura roof box) makes this vehicle work for us.
By shrekinacura74
on 04/16/13 13:57 PM (PDT)

Nursemindy, I have a 2010 TL and use regular gas. My folks have a 2008 MDX and also use regular. No issues to report on hesitation, lower mpg or anything you might think about. The engine has a sensor that detects the octane level and adjusts accordingly. All the same, I'd ask the service folks at the dealership to validate. But from my experiences and what a Honda of America engineer told my dad (the engineer has the exact same car as I do), the car can take any octane level.

By nursemindy
on 09/09/12 09:57 AM (PDT)

for the 2013 RDX FWD are people using regular gas (premium is recommended). With the price of gas and the mileage I do that could be the decision between this car and the Lexus SUV which clearly states regular gas even though price difference in the car.