The RDX with a US News Car Rating of 8.5 was chosen over other vehicles with better US News Car Ratings, e.g., Subaru Outback 8.9, Lexus RX350 8.6, etc.
Other vehicles had better Maintenance plans (60000 free maintenance on Outback) and better interest rates (0% vs. 1.9%)
First maintenance visit -- had to come back to dealer for replacement of damaged sensor wire -- physical inspection of part shows either misassemble or installation error by tool marks on part + I purchased road hazard insurance and was still charged $185.
Car pulls slightly to right after maintenance visit - tires rotated without trueing, rebalance or road check which any reputable tire dealer would hve done
1) Spacious/comfortable front and rear seating
2) Good Acceleration / Smooth Transmission
3) Adequate Gas Mileage / ~28 mpg highway
4) Comfortable Ride Quality
5) Decent Sound System
6) Good Camera System
First year Issues
1) Warning Lights activated due to Sensor Wire Damage to left front tire (I was charged $185 and 2 days to repair)
2) Tire cover over Spare Tire warped due to very slight moisture absorption (Ultra cheap construction)/ Needs Rubberized Mat
3) Car pulls to right after tire rotation at first maintenance visit --- not before
4) Air conditioner did not meet specs (Factory error according to dealer not leakage)
5) Door locking/unlocking system is awkward
6) Better Warrenty (New Model)
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.