2006 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Great SUV for sedan lovers
By xprepairpro.com on 07/14/06 19:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wasn't wanting an SUV, I was really wanting a TL or an RL but room (2 kids now) means the 03 accord wouldn't cut it and the TL/RLs dont have much more room. I have never owned an SUV but have driven a lot at an old job. I didn't like the truck feeling of most SUVs so I didn't think the MDX would be so "car-like". I was quite surprised when I test drove it at the dealer. It had a lot of power and steering was very much like a normal car. I wasn't as attracted to the MDX so much for style. I like it very much, but still have my doubts about the front end. Hearing such good reviews and safety and reliability reports, I drove the MDX off the lot the day I test drove it.

Buy another brand
By The Foxer on 07/13/06 16:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned a 2001, and 2003 MDX. Both have the same problem. The steering wheel vibrates at any speed above 65. Tires replaced, wheel bearings replaced, rotors replaced and turned several times, tires ground force balanced and nothing fixes the problem. AC quit and multiple other problems.

So Far So good.....
By Sam on 07/12/06 17:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased this vehicle for my Wife and now I am so jealous of her since she gets to drive it everyday. Overall car can't be beat as it has so much bang for the buck. Nav system is great and a lot of fun to interact with. Car drives incredibly smoothly and power is available as soon as you need it. I am having a hard time keeping the speed low during break-in. Owned 1 Acura before and loved the service and care of brand. Matches to any German brand in my books. Buy this car and you'll see what I mean.

The best SUV ever
By Tracy on 07/12/06 13:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Granted I have only had my MDX for less than a month but I LOVE THIS SUV. It is the most comfortable, the most convenient interior vehicle I have ever owned. I have had 3 Lexus before this but now I am an Acura customer forever.

Great Vehicle, but could use improvement
By Jim Haynie on 07/10/06 09:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle is great riding higher than the Acura RL. Acura uses standards across all cars on items like placement of controls and heights of arm rests. However, this vehicle is clearly not the flagship car. The RL has much better features, but you can't put in a new TV in your RL. I love the vehicle but miss some of the features of the RL. MPG is closer to 14 city and 24 highway. Nice interior, but not as fit and trim as the RL.

MDX Rocks
By Brad on 07/03/06 22:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love our new MDX. Fun to drive, extremly comfortable, and as reliable as any SUV on the market. Engine is very impressive.

I Love My MDX
By Jenina on 06/29/06 17:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I checkd out my MDX for 3 months before I purchased. I definitely did my homework before I bought this vehicle, the only opponent to the MDX was the Lexus and the deciding factor was when I realized that every option added to the Lexus would cost atleast another grand! With the MDX all the goodies were included.

MDX Review
By Cathy and Frank on 06/23/06 03:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Navagation System has come very handy during some of trips to unknown places. The system always knows where we are and provides excellent directions.

Best SUV on the market
By Don on 06/09/06 10:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great combination of power, handling, and comfort. Kids love the DVD system!

2nd MDX
By m2 on 05/22/06 18:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car fit our needs and the opportunity came up to trade in a 2003 MDX (touring with RES) for the 2006 MDX (Touring with Nav&RES). I took the opportunity to upgrade to Navigation & RES and am so happy I did. The car is fun to drive and meets our families need. Obviously I am happy with the MDX or I would not have been a return customer. The Navigation makes trips really stress free and although I don't have a bluetooth phone at the moment, I can't wait until I start using this feature.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.