Used 2006 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Les' MDX
By Leslie Mays

2006 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Driving experience with my 2006 MDX is hands down "all stares". I drive for a living, so at the time of searching for a new car I became very selective about the vehicle I wanted to purchase, I had a few in mind but, when I ran across the MDX on the highway I fell in love with the looks at first, then when I visited the dealer and saw what it had to offer, I was taken. All my friends love my MDX and for me the joy of knowing where I go the MDX will be there by my side.

All, perfect in size for parking, inside comfort to fit 7 passangers, which I've done a few times. It impressed me to know it still handles as usual even with the load of people, then I had to put them out for crowding me.

Make it more soundproof. I hear the wind blowing as I drive and at the amount of money I'm spending, I shouldn't have passengers telling me to turn the music up to drown out the outside sounds.

AZ Acura MDX Owner's Comments
By Danno

2006 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great handling pleasure to drive vehicle. OK mileage. Quiet, solid, spacious. Always wanted one, now I have one. Like the way the vehicle is appointed with leather seats, and wood trim. Fold down seats help and 3rd row conceals nicley. Safe, luxurious, sporty, good HP, performs well on and off road (within reason... not a rock crawler). Glad I bought it.

Handling, comfort, power, safety, AWD, 4WD assist. Plenty of room in back.

Further tilt on steering wheel to put steering wheel in vertical position and telescope to push in or pull out closer to driver. Conceal space for suglasses on cabin roof. Auto door locks, more leg room for drivers left leg/foot. Better tires on base model.

Outstanding!! by FOB
By Outstanding!! by FOB

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I decided to buy a mid-size SUV I settled on test driving the RX 350, X5 and MDX. I have owned the MDX for two months now and couldn't be happier with my choice --- performance, interior quality, and comfort are oustanding... all this for $7K less than the closest competitor.

Bluetooth phone, bose soundsystem, interior bike rack.

Gas mileage -- 20 mpg on the highway.

This car certainly has room to improve
By klin

2006 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The ease of driving and handling was what attracted to purchase this vehicle. On May of this year, I bought a new Toyota 4runner 2006 before I purchased the MDX. In my opinion, 4runner is a better built vehicle overall. The interior of the MDX is slightly cheaper, and I found the cover of the door knob actually moves a little bit instead of fix to the door, a small but annoying defect, and the interior looks cheaper comparing with Toyota. The back door of MDX can not close completely without slamming it. What a pain... If you just try to be a little bit gentle on the car, then the door won't close properly. In comparison, The 4runner has automatic door closer, and quality is awesome.

Like the driving and handling of the vehicle.

The interior is a little bit cheap comparing with Toyota. Wish gas mileage is a little bit better. No sunglass, coin holder.

recommend it!
By AC and AS-C

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent, we are very happy with our MDX. We are impressed with the quality of the car. Well built.

XM radio, comfort, overall quality of car.

Hybrid model in near future. After having a civic, this is too much gas!