2018 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

2018 XC90 T5
By Carly

2018 Volvo XC90 T5 Momentum 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Luxury SUV. This vehicle comes standard with all the bells and whistles. I have never driven a more comfortable vehicle. The seating supports make long drives less strain full on the neck and back. The display screen is very user friendy, love the navigation on the display above the steering wheel. TONS of space for cargo and/or transporting people. We couldn’t have found a better car for our family.

Getting Right
By Gilberto Riveron

2018 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

After a bad experience with Land Rover. Getting it right was a most. This is the car of the future, with small refine engine that deliver the same performance that most of his rivals that use V6. Most of the reviews by the experts they pick on the engine, and I think they can’t see far from their nose. Volvo is getting ready for the real 21 century car. I love the safety features and the interior. Sure, they need to improve few things like voice command, and some applications like the AC should be easier to access without the need to touch the screen. The ride is on the stiff side but that is how I like, this is not bad or good, is just the way some people like, true can get bumpy in some particular roads, but guess what, the Audi Q7 does too (less but does). I recommend everyone that is searching for a midsize SUV to take look to the Volvo, do not pay much attention to the “experts reviews “. There are bias.

Great car
By LS

2018 Volvo XC90 T5 Momentum 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Had it for 2.5 years now. Performs very well on ice and snow. Very comfortable ride. Info system needs some getting used to it. Had an issue with the automatic start/go function and had to bring it back to the dealer within the first month, but after they charged the battery (apparently the battery wasn’t fully charged when I bought it !) I had no problems. Very good mpg: 4 adults, 2 dogs and baggage doing trips over the Cascade mountains still does 30mpg.

Horrible lock system
By Jodi J

2018 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

This vehicle has a ridiculously complicated lock system....It requires 31 pages of instruction in the owner's manual! The app includes a function that allows you to unlock the car doors remotely. The problem is that when you get to the car you are required to open the tailgate before the doors will unlock. This is a huge hassle if I want to send my kids out to get in the car or am carrying an armload of stuff to toss in the backseat. Unlocking the doors using the fob isn't much better as the doors will re-lock within 2 minutes if not opened promptly. This morning I wanted to grab my sunglasses out the car before my walk but I missed the magic 2 minute window. So I had to go back up to my place to unlock the car again. When I unlock my car I expect the the car to be unlocked. I don't need Volvo to worry about my security or second guess my choices for me. A lot is expected from a vehicle at this price point. What I did not expect is daily frustration over door locks. Thankfully I leased and didn't purchase.

Pathetic computer called infotainment center
By Neeta M

2018 Volvo XC90 T5 Momentum 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I am actually glad that I leased as hoping to pull it off for the next 3 years. thank god I did not buy. It has the worst response in any computer. Also too many complex security measures that makes the car just less than ordinary features than my 2011 Sienna.