Used 2016 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

sort by

Most Recent|
Most Recent Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Great SUV (When It WORKS)
1 of 1 people found this review helpful
Performance
Comfort
Fuel Economy
Fun To Drive
Interior Design
Exterior Design
Build Quality
Reliability
By Dave H
on

Vehicle

2016 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)


Review

When my wife and I leased this SUV, we fell in LOVE with it. The screen, controls, the safety features and even the gas mileage was great. We had it for 5 months and then the entire computer system went NUTS. Left me stranded in a parking lot without being able to start the car because the computer applied the parking brake and would not let go. Then the car only started the first try 70% of the time. It took some button pushing and resetting with the door locks the other 30% (NO IDEA WHY) Then the noises started. The dealer ended up replacing the entire front end and still noises persisted. It ended up being faulty transmission and engine mounts. To reiterate what another reviewer said, the dealer had to learn from Volvo Cars of America technicians how to work on the car. Our XC90 was in the shop for more than 2 months that we had it. We are now giving the car back to Volvo but if we were to keep it, it needs a software upgrade and the windows screech all the way down and up. I love the styling and honestly love the SUV, but it seems they need to work through many items to make this Car of the Year worthy.


Was this review helpful? Yes | No

Volvo XC90 - Great Car!
Performance
Comfort
Fuel Economy
Fun To Drive
Interior Design
Exterior Design
Build Quality
Reliability
By RBW
on

Vehicle

2016 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)


Review

I have the model year 2018 XC90 T6 and it has been flawless so far with around 10,000 miles. This is a super safe vehicle and you will like all of the creature comforts. There have been some 2016 XC90's with early new-model issues, but at this point 2-3 years later, the new Volvo platform from 2015-16 is now solid from what I can tell first hand. This is a beautiful vehicle inside and out and you will feel you're driving something special each time you get into it.


Was this review helpful? Yes | No

This car should be called XC90 T8 BETA
Performance
Comfort
Fuel Economy
Fun To Drive
Interior Design
Exterior Design
Build Quality
Reliability
By XC90isBeta
on

Vehicle

2016 Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Twin Engine Plug-In Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger gas/electric hybrid 8A)


Review

This car has issues which require it to go back to the dealer within my first 3 days of ownership. And there is a list of intermittant problems which I know will be difficult to reproduce and therefore will continue to plague me throughout my ownership of this car. Not to mention I have been getting terrible fuel economy and it is the bumpiest ride of any car I have ever owned!


Was this review helpful? Yes | No

Disastrous Volvo XC90
Performance
Comfort
Fuel Economy
Fun To Drive
Interior Design
Exterior Design
Build Quality
Reliability
By Jaimie Vonlembke
on

Vehicle

2016 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)


Review

This car sold me on how beautifully it was designed - I was so excited for this new car... the excitement ended quite quickly. This list of things that went wrong are too many to list, however my car was in the shop every couple months the first year. The worst part is the Volvo strung me along with my major issue being that there is a computer glitch on the 2016 model that is causing transmission problems. When you go to accelerate there is a major lag, and Volvo just admitted to me after 6 months of dealing with this that they don't know how to fix it!


Was this review helpful? Yes | No

Volvo is a Chinese owned nightmare.
Performance
Comfort
Fuel Economy
Fun To Drive
Interior Design
Exterior Design
Build Quality
Reliability
By jsh
on

Vehicle

2016 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)


Review

This car is a beautiful car,, with extremely poor reliability, don't buy this car it makes range rover look low maintenance. from day one it's been in the shop, belts brakes. Chineses software is crap.


Was this review helpful? Yes | No

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT