Used 2003 Volvo S80 Consumer Reviews

Used S80 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Volvo for Strife

netxpert, 10/02/2003

I recently purchased a brand new 2003 Volvo S80 T6. The first time that I opened the hood I discovered that the car has significant rust and corrosion problems. The problems were brought to the dealers attention immediately after purchase, however after several months, the factory has done little to address the situation. Neither the dealer or the factory seem to care about customer satisfaction. There customer service rates an F.

Acceleration Hesitation

Harder99, 01/18/2004

We purchased the car for its safety performance and chose the T6 model for the performance and added features. The car is fantastic except for one problem: hesitation during acceleration. The car hesitiates between 1st and 2nd gear under moderate to heavy acceleration. After four trips to the dealer I discovered the hesitation problem is designed into the car to save the tranmission. Volvo is working on a software patch, however, I was told the acceleration hesitation will always be noticed. Why make twin turbo model if the throttle is cut during acceleration?

this car is amazing

chris staff, 03/07/2003

the car is fast and it has great exseleration and has beutiful handling and stearing is very smooth

Volvo S80 T6

S80_T6, 03/21/2003

The Volvo S80 T6 has been a joy to drive. The T6 provides power for that quick acceleration whenever needed, and a smooth and comfortable ride cruising along the highway. A sound system that is second to none, and innovative safety features make the S80 the smart alternative to more expensive BMW 5-series or the overrated Audi 6.

Silky & Smooth beauty

yelled, 05/09/2003

I think the person who complained about the "born with" nose, not enough power to accelerate into traffic, and heavy steering wheel must got a real lemon or not talking about the same car. Steering is actually on the lighter side for Eurpean cars. It's quiet and smooth even over NYC pot-holes. Avoiding them is just as fun. No problems what so ever so far and I am keeping my fingers crossed. I like this car over often troublesome and stiff BMW's. Especially when my neighbor's BMW gets stuck during snow. I love floating by with my cushy seats with fwd.

12345...8