Used 2003 Volvo S80 Consumer Reviews

Used S80 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Headlights crack

headlights, 09/01/2003

I do love my S80. I have two complaints. I need more lumber support, and the headlights keep cracking!!! I had one crack in April, and figured somebody hit it. The other one cracked two days ago. That time it was just parked in the sun. If you have had this problem, or any other, seriously, don't just post to this board. Go to WWW.NHTSA.COM and enter a complaint. If that transmission slips and the brakes fail, THEY need to know about it.

S-80 T-6 Excellent Vehicle

Thom, 12/01/2005

I bought this vehicle in late 2002 as a replacement for the exact same vehicle (including color) in a 2001 model. The 2001 was terrific and this one has been even better. I bought it in CA but live in TX now. The drive across country was very comfortable and I take this car whenever I have to go on long trips. This is my NINTH Volvo since 1974 - but I've had lots of other vehicles as well. The lease just expired on this one but I bought it and will keep it for a long time to come. Volvo of Orange County CA is the best dealer coast to coast. I've had Volvos from Boston to Houston to California but V.O.C. is the best!

Silky & Smooth beauty

yelled, 05/09/2003

I think the person who complained about the "born with" nose, not enough power to accelerate into traffic, and heavy steering wheel must got a real lemon or not talking about the same car. Steering is actually on the lighter side for Eurpean cars. It's quiet and smooth even over NYC pot-holes. Avoiding them is just as fun. No problems what so ever so far and I am keeping my fingers crossed. I like this car over often troublesome and stiff BMW's. Especially when my neighbor's BMW gets stuck during snow. I love floating by with my cushy seats with fwd.

Excellent cruiser

Carbuff, 12/27/2008

Volvo has a fine automobile in the S80 T6. Mine has been trouble free; the key to which is regular maintenance. I also recommend a transmission service or flush every 40,000 - 50,000 miles at the dealer. If you plan to keep the car for several years, the servicing you do will pay dividends. This is a fantastic automobile for long trips and highway driving; especially good for moving people in comfort. Fuel economy is much better at cruising speed on the highway; you'll see dramatic drops in start and stop city driving. Highly recommended!

Second Volvo S80

Matthew DiMangiano, 02/01/2003

I bought this car for my wife in December of 1999 and just traded it in for her second. Awesome drive especially in snowy weather. I own many luxury and exotic cars, this being my second favorite sedan next to my 2000 Rolls Royce Park Ward. Volvo is amazing, they have it all safety, performance, technology, and in recent years since they removed themselves from the boxy look, elegant style. Volvo has always been popular at country clubs and with opulent drivers and I would take this over the Acura 3.5RL and Lexus GS300 anytime. An alternative to this car is the Jaguar S- Type although it's rear wheel drive does not handle well in inclement weather.

12345...8