Used 2003 Volvo S80 Consumer Reviews

Used S80 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

66% Unhappy With This Cae

Two Out Of Three , 05/08/2003

Leased three S80 T6's in Jan, 01. Two of us would never buy one again. Quality isn't there for a car in this price range. Electronics have been terrible: numerous bulbs replaced, shorts in one car, bad seals around the headlamps, the driver's seat on one rocks during acceleration or braking. The cars have high cost of ownership: never had a visit under $500, unless it was for a recall,which we've had three or four. Mileage makes us believe this is prevelant throughout, after three years we have one with 70K, another with 55K and the last one has 45K. BTY: Consumer Reports in April of 2002 ranks the S80 and the S60 as "do not buy"!

Glad it wasn't my first Volvo!!!!!!!!!

Jim Morton, 10/26/2002

In the first year with under 10,000 miles the steering has locked once, the transmission has been replaced, bulbs have blOWN out and the vehicle is EXTREMELY noisey

OLD VOLVO OWNERS-Your Reward is Here

MR. BIG, 11/24/2002

This is a fabulous automobile and quite the sleeper. It is a big sedan in the Euopean sedan tradition that uses space rather than wastes it. Performance is on par with sedans costing $15-20K more. And what boy racer in a Honda would ever expect a Volvo to blow right by them? The car handles the twisty stuff with sure-footed comfort. This is my 5th Volvo and my favortie by far. So far we only have 3,000 mi on it with no negatives. I have paid my dues with old Volvos. I am a fan. This is my reward! A pleasure to drive.

Great S80-T6

thom1, 12/22/2002

Great vehicle - going to buy another too

I love it even more than the 2.9

Jonathan Barth, 01/01/2003

I had a 2001 S80 for 1.5 years and as much as I LOVED the car, I always regretted not getting the T6 package, premium sound, and color-coded trim. When I got this Pearl White 2002 T6 (with color coded trim), I was in utterly speechless; the seats where even more comfortable and the handling and responsiveness of the T6 is fantastic. And the sound… the 3rd channel and DPL are great. With the exception of the mild dead spot when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear and the fact that the premium sound does not play MP3s, I really have enjoyed the high end responsiveness of the car and the sound system. At 130 mph, the car is just beginning to beg for more.

12345...8