Used 2005 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

Used Touareg for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...40

Pros
Cons

Fun to drive, if and when if ever works!

grvlguy, 07/23/2005

I love this car...hate VW, hate the dealer..Nothing but bugs, problems, cracking wood trim, every week this car has another problem. VW failed on this, but to think the sorry dealership network they have can actually take care of a customer with a $50,000 car is the joke of the century. Run away from this vehicle, VW or America, and the dealerships as fast as you can.

Do Not Buy

JLCJR, 04/11/2006

I was very satisfied with the dealer and the vehicle until today. I have 15k miles on my vehicle and the tires have already worn completely out. They are Dunlop 8000's. They dealer has said that they have had major issues with these...Some people are only gettin 12k miles. I called VW about it and they said that they would give me ONE tire. What a slap in the face. They will not stand behind their product. Do yourself a favor and buy a Porsche, BMW, Lexus, or Merecedes. They are known as luxury vehicles for a reason. They stand behind their cars and they give great customer service. I will say that the dealership has really stood up for me, but I will never buy another VW.

Front-end Alignment

Tim, 03/23/2005

Purchased 11/04 & have 3500 miles. It has been back to the dealer 4 times and they said they cannot fix the problem of it pulling to the right. Volkswagen will not back it up & says it is "fixed to their specifications". This is the absolutely the worst buying experience I have ever had. I would not recommend the vehicle or any Volkswagen.

Pretty with Flaws

cabulldog, 03/26/2008

I really shopped around before purchasing my Touareg. My black exterior really gets people's attention, and my passengers LOVE the interior. BUT, my tires wore out quickly, gas mileage sucks, get-up-and- go doesn't exist without putting it in S, or manual. Radio ate my CD, can't get it back. Passenger mirror doesn't always tilt when backing up. Rubber on inside driver's side door is peeling. Seat belt dinger... can anyone say ANNOYING? Automatic windshield wipers can scare the crap out of you on a sunny day... they'll scape across the window without notice.

Awesome

taleggio, 10/21/2009

I love my Touareg! It had a few issues early on but were fixed as necessary. It is heavy and all wheel drive, so it's tough on tires. I ditched my factory tires at 11k miles for a set of Nokian WR G2's and haven't looked back. Really the best tire for the Touareg. I had an Expedition previously, so gas mileage wasn't an issue. The FSI V6 and V8 on the newer models are a significant improvement over 2004-2007 models.

12345...40