Used 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan Limited 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A) Consumer Reviews

3.5 out of 5 stars
2 reviews
List Price Range

Used Tiguan Limited for Sale
Select your model:

Absolutely capable - 2018 VW Tiguan Limited

Bry, 10/16/2019
2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this car back in August 2019. It was a year old with 13,000 miles on the odometer. I was cross-shopping this with a similarly equipped '18 Kia Sportage. Ultimately, I chose the VW due to the 6-year bumper-to-bumper warranty (that is fully transferable), Roadside Assistance, spare tire (the Kia had a stupid fix-a-flat kit), and lower insurance premium ($50 less a month versus the Kia). How I would rate it: -Ride/Suspension: 5/5. Surprisingly comfortable and composed on Florida's pockmarked roads. Suspension feels tight as a drum. -Handling: 4/5. Highway feel is effortless but around town it can feel a bit cumbersome and light. -Interior: 4/5. Great interior materials and trim pieces, even though it is an older interior from VW. -Engine/Transmission: 3.5/5. Engine sounds gruff at low speeds but is eerily silent on the highway. Transmission is a bit quick to shift at low speeds and sometimes dawdles if there is not enough input from the driver. But when it's right, it's right. One of the better 6-speeds. -Fuel Economy: 3.8/5. I'll preface this by saying I spend about 65% of my time on the highway. On the highway I can expect to get 29-30 MPG consistently and in the city I can get around 22. Combined I am averaging almost 27-28 MPG on premium fuel (the only drawback). Overall, yes, the new one is a lot more exciting but it looks bloated in my opinion. The Limited works just fine for me and I have the peace of mind with the warranty and service intervals that are better than most of the competition (10k miles for oil changes).

3 out of 5 stars

Tiguan Gas Guzzler

ED Salas, 04/28/2019
2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Everything is great, except for the gas mileage. Braking is a little weak. Kids love it. Comfort for normal sized adults.