Used 2003 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 566 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Volkswagen Jetta

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

fine tuned machine
By john and christina

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GL TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

bought this car2007 with 74,000 miles on it. in ten years, we have now nearly 250,000 miles. what a great and reliable auto! runs like a well oiled machine with plenty of power and pick up when needed. all around great car with awesome mileage.

Very Safe little car!
By Angelle

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a 2003 VW Jetta and as it did have a few things go wrong, just make sure you listen to the "dummy" lights on the dash. My brake lights had come on and i blew it off thinking its probably nothing until i pulled up to a stop sign and they didnt engage until it was too late. I ended up losing control of the car on a gravel road and rolled it in the ditch. However im definitely not here to say anything bad about this vehicle. I rolled it mulpitle times and walked away from the accident with nothing but a scratch from the airbags deploying and a little whiplash... the seatbelt saved my life and didnt hurt me in anyway. The windsheild was completely smashed in but considering it was made of safety glass made not to shatter it bent in and spit very little glass. My side windows were broke out and the front of my car completely smashed and the car was totaled. I was definitely protected by this Jetta i hope to have another someday. I am 17 and would 100% recomend this car to any and everyone. From a beginner car to a senior citizen! Loved this car!

This is a truely amazing car
By rizk.ds

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GL TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I've been driving this car for months now, and it has been my first car, hopefully my last. I'm at 260k+ miles and everything is good.

You gotta go with Turbo yo!
By G.I. Joe

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Must get turbo! Upgraded mine an a few other things. Although the good parts aren't cheap, ya get what chall pay for. Make sure you have knowledge of the car or someone else does. So as long as it's taken care of you'll have one of the baddest rides on the road guaranteed!

The yellow is starting to show
By Sandra Bartlett

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought in Feb last year and can't make a yr with it.I have replaced multi things catalytic converter.2 batteries abs battled check engine light for 6 months .Now there's an electrical drain the no one can find. Fed up here.MY UPDATE-UNLOADED this crap vehicle no one ever could figure out what was draining the battery