Used 2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta SportWagen model:

The Best Car I've Ever Owned
By NASA DON

2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon w/Sunroof, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

BUY A DIESEL!!!! They are by far the most reliable cars on the market!! BUY VOLKSWAGEN. They have the best reliability and exceptional integrity of design of any car manufacturer out there (IMHO). Don't be fooled by the recent political ruminations of diesel performance - they are STILL THE BEST ENGINE DESIGNS OUT THERE! BTW I'm a NASA Engineer!!!!!!!!

Best car for the money! Best highway MPG mid 50!
By Andre

2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Dealers of VW are born devils! VW sales representatives are always hard to negotiate. You have to trust me, I have went trough hell to bring price down from sticker price. Otherwise they are nice, I would say above average, well trained ;-) when you are buying. If you have a warranty issue it is a different story. Staff will not cooperate with you. If you really want something done be prepared to spend time on the phone with VW of America, not the local dealer's manager. Also if you are capable, do maintenance yourself or at least learn to check dealer's work!

Best car I have ever owned
By Dr. Paul Schleier

2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I have 101K miles on this car w/o any problems. I repeat, nothing has gone wrong with this car!!! Once I broke in the engine, as recommended, and learned how to drive the diesel to hyper-mile, I can get crazy mileage and a great ride. I take long trips just to drive the car. Started out getting 640 miles/tank of fuel. My record is 925 miles/tank, but I was drafting behind a tractor-trailer at 65 mph and 75 mpg. Normal driving to and from DC (400miles) record is 67.4 mpg usually just under 65 mph. It makes the trip more fun to play the mileage game. I am so upset at VW because If I have to turn in my 2.0L Jetta Sport Wagon and my 3.0 L Touareg TDI, I want to replace them with newer versions of the same damned cars. Please fix the engine and sell diesels again. My other cars are BMW 135, 528i SportWagon (wife's car).

Problematic car
By Me

2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen S 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Our 5 speed manual sportwagen as 36,000 miles on it and is 3 years old. In that time, the transmission has needed to be replaced and one front bearing (which should not fail in 36000 miles). Comparing the driver side seat to the passenger, the driver side seat has broken down already and is no longer firm. The transmission can be difficult to shift into reverse, although it does always go. There is a vibration that starts subtly around 55 mph but is definite by 70. We have replaced all tires, including realignment and balancing, and the vibration is still there. They have never been able to address the vibration. The car does its job. The layout of the controls, the handling, and the usability of the cargo space are good and follow the traditional VW approach, but compared to our previous VW, my sense is that they have cheapened everything and the car wasn't really ready for prime time, but was shoved out the door onto the market anyway. I like to drive cars until they aren't worth fixing anymore, between 150k and over 200k so far. If the car makes it that far, I will be happy with it, but right now it doesn't feel like that will be the case, which is why several areas were given low ratings. On the highway in MD and VA, I can get 37 mpg on 87 (R+M)/2 gasoline.

testing edge case
By Karen test

2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

test