Used 2009 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Reviews

Used GTI for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
4.25 out of 5 stars

Great Decision

stephen, 07/30/2009
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Had the car 2 weeks and have nearly 2K miles on it, wont be driving it that much after the summer. I sold my 2001 182K mile Passat on Craigslist in 36 hours and was looking at a 2007 Lexus IS250. Tried to make 4 different deals for the lexus's but no one wanted to budge. Got fed up and went back to VW and got a the loaded GTI autobahn package for less than a 2 year old lexus. Apples and Oranges I know but I do enjoy the GTI, had many many compliments on it already. The sport seats are a little narrow and took a while to get used to but now I quite enjoy it. Hope the quality rivals the old Passat, that car would have been good for another 100K.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Great Car

Denis, 08/10/2009
PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Have had the car for 2 mo. What a great ride! I was looking for comfortable seating and 4 dr. The seating issues ruled out the Honda's and Nissan's. The doors ruled out the Mini. The car has taken a bit of getting used to the ride (a bit stiffer than my 97 Golf), but the control and response will just put a grin on your face every time. That and the fact that this ting gets up and scoots. All this and I just got 33 mpg on a recent trip up to northern CA. Averaging 26+ combined driving over 2k miles on the car. Go VW.

4.38 out of 5 stars

Terrific Hot Hatch

Gnslngr, 08/27/2009
PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Looked for a car that had the utility of a four door hatch and was fun to drive - the GTI beats almost every other car on the market in the Fun-To-Drive category. There are some great forums for this car and some cool mods you can put on it. I'm getting 30 mph even when I drive it like an F1 car. Fun, Fun, Fun 'til my wife takes the GTI away......... Oh, yea - don't forget the Launch Control. It's a blast with the DSG and makes the car, with the paddle shifters, the coolest little hatchback on the planet.

4.75 out of 5 stars

rear hatch washer leaks

Tom Doran, 09/22/2009
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car, just what I expected and am very pleased with just about everything on the car. This is an Autobahn with 6-speed and shifts like a dream. For some reason the rear hatch washer leaks on the hatch window when open and leaks when the hatch is closed. Been to selling dealer 5 times and tech support has been contacted. Per tech, installed Tiguan check valve and the thing still leaks washer fluid. Anyone else have this problem?

5 out of 5 stars

Have never looked back

Matt, 11/15/2009
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 5th VW in my years. I grew up on them. I've wanted a GTI like mine for many years. Black on black. I wanted a car that would be fun and give me good gas mileage at the same time, and this thing does it all. I live in an area with awesome curvy roads and I truly enjoy driving it. I average 28 mpg in everyday driving. You can't go wrong with it as a family car as well.

12345...7