Used 2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Tundra .. the best
By Shep

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

You will be able to tow your toys in safe comfort with ease of mind

2008 Crewmax SR5 5.7 L. V8
By Scott

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have never owned a more reliable truck. I owned this Tundra from 2008-to-2018 and never took it to the shop for anything more than general maintenance. My family of four is very comfortable in this truck. We pull a small camper and boat, and it tows like a champ. My only complaint is the gas milage (especially when towing) and rust setting in on the rear wheel-wells. Trading for a 3/4 quarter ton diesel, but I'm afraid I'll miss this Tundra. Thirteen year old son wants me to keep it for him. Wish I could afford to do that.

Great truck.
By Bill

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Loved it so much I just traded it in for a 2018!

Money pit
By Chipapotamus

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Rear wheel bearing, left intake manifold, head gaskets....Never have had do any of this in any prior vehicle. I pulled a 2000 lb popup camper for about 6000 miles over a 4 year period. Do research on owner forums and speak to mechanics b4 purchase.

purchased used with low mileage
By LGK

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I am sold on Toyota quality over any other vehicle. My first Tundra was a 2001 v8 and I wish that they had kept that design on the road. Tacoma doesn't offer what this truck had with the power of the v8 and design. Still own this 2001 truck with 294,000 miles on it and it owes me nothing. Toyota gave me the new frame on the recall and now the truck body is rusting due to New England's salted roads. Wish that I had sprayed it with protection. Loved this truck so much that I found a southern 2008 Tundra Crewmax 5.7 with low mileage for my move up. The previous owner put the nice aftermarket round black rails for steps to go with the black body. They put 17 trd rims on it with the BF Goodrich ATs on it so the height is still maintained and great traction. I have to say that the solid raised white lettering on the tires and the red TRD symbol add to the looks on a black truck. The tires are wearing very evenly. In this year model the rear seats still have the nice tilt to them which Toyota did away with in the new models. I do wish that they had storage under the rear seats. What I don't like is the dash dials could look a whole lot nicer and they should have put the dial for the 4 wheel drive in a separate area instead of next to the heater fan dial. Love the roll down rear window, it lets fresh air in without road noise right in your ears. I do not like the way the ac/heat works .... if you don't move the passenger's dial all the way to your preference it doesn't perform well. The gas pedal is a issue because all I do is just barely put any pressure on it and you are facing the g force of your powerful engine. I do love it when you are on steep roads that you can put it into "S" on the shifter with just by touching the plus or minus on the shifter handle, you can change for gears and save the brakes. I will say that the power of this engine will leave any slow poke on the road far behind in your rear view mirror when you pass them in a "shorter than a heart beat " time. SEE YA..... Your Toyota has more American labor put into it than many other makes and my brother worked for the Toyota company for years and they paid him well with great benefits. If you live in an area where salt is on the roads in the winter, I recommend either spraying your vehicle with oil or one of these new great protection methods because your truck will serve you well for years to come if you take care of it. Also, I am a fan of Mobil gas because they use more fuel cleaning additives in their gas than many others. It's not all the same gas when you look into what they put into it AFTERWARDS. Be careful of fuel cleaners, some of them have lubricants in them that would have been good for old engines but will be harmful to your fuel injectors so do your homework and change your fuel filter regularly. My point of view, a Toyota may cost more to buy, but if you take good care of it, your Toyota will last you a lot longer without the repair expenses that others will cost you. Only once, over 200,000 miles that I drove, did my old 2001 Toyota Tundra ever die and that was because when they replaced the frame they didn't tie up all of the wiring so some of the wiring was rubbing on the frame and shorted out. If Toyota maintains their reliability, I am a Toyota owner for life and always recommend to others that Toyota is the way to go.