Used 2008 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Tacoma for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Great Truck, But...

Steve from Wisconsin, 01/23/2010

I have the 2-wheel drive PreRunner with the TRD offroad package and locking rear differential, 4-wheel ABS with electronic brakeforce distribution and brake assist. All in all, I rate this truck the best-engineered vehicle I have ever owned--a wonderful piece of work. It is sheer pleasure to see the intelligence used in its planning and execution. But I have traded it in after two years of ownership (for another Toyota) because it is dangerous on slippery roads. I have had multiple spinouts on snow, even when proceeding slowly and carefully. (The only other minus is the mileage, but I was fairly warned, so can't complain.) This 2WD isn't for snow country.

Happy I bought it

Surfdogg, 09/16/2007

This is my first Tacoma (and following up a bad Chevy experience). Overall I am happy with the truck, it shifts smoothly, has power to go when needed, and it has the options I wanted.

After 8 months I'm still satisfied!

TacoMan, 07/20/2008

I purchased my truck almost 9 months and 10,000 miles ago, and I must say that I am still very happy with it (unlike my last pick-up truck, a which was a 1999 Ford Ranger)! I have driven it between Florida and Upstate New York a number of times, and except for disappointing highway gas mileage (around 18-20 MPG), I generally have no complaints. I bought the truck without the towing package (a $600 dealer option), but I installed a top of the line trailer hitch and wiring for less than $200! I had no problem towing a 5000 lb. boat/trailer! I also didn't get the overpriced TRD option, but the truck is still great off-road!

Nice, but strange things

Lelan Warren, 11/07/2008

Great truck, this is my 5 Toyota. But with the 6 speed manual the throttle does strange thing. When you are stopped the RPS are ~ 900 when the truck is rolling and not in gear the RPM go up by them self to ~ 1300? When you are moving in gear and you let off the gas the throttle does not close very fast, it feel like it closes part of the way then in 2 sec it shuts completely. All of this I think hurts the gas mileage 16-17. May be the auto would be better. Yes the cd player need to play MP3s and the 4wd low in trick (but when you learn to push the clutch first it is fine) and the stock tires are low grip. One more thing the plastic bed is very slick. I still like this truck.

Love the truck, but I hate the ride!

Robert Clarke, 05/04/2009

First, let me say, I love the seats, the driving position is perfect, not too low for me (I am 5'9"). Brakes are amazing, Brake Assist and Electronic Brake Force Distribution really work. Gas Mileage is good, 20 city and 24 highway. No squeaks, tight truck. The Stock stereo is OK. Now the bad news, the ride is punishing! It is jarring even over the small bumps! My wife loves it, I am giving it to her and buying something else!

12345...9