Used 2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A) Consumer Reviews

Select your model:

2004 Tacoma V6, Auto, 4WD, SR5 Trim, TRD Off Road

Mike, 12/18/2016
2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Original and only owner. For 12 years of ownership, it has been as reliable as I could ask with normal maintenance. The engine is insane, still has get up and go. Have 196,000 miles, 85% highway miles. I have received offers to sell at gas stations and the dealers frown because they know my 1st gen Toyota will be tough to beat with any newer models being made. I owned Olds and Chevys before my Toyota. When I hit 110,000 miles on them I was putting hundreds into them every year to keep them going, giving up at 130,000 miles. My Toyota breezed past 130,000 miles no problems whatsoever, none. You get what you pay for. The truck is a moving house. After paying it off years ago, I have done collateral loans to make it thru tough times. Time and time again the banks ask me the usual questions. When they find out I own a Toyota Tacoma, they basically grab the paperwork and tell me to sign. The word on the street; as with the reviews on here, Toyota and Tacoma, hand in hand, is quality and reliability at its best.

Toyota Tacoma 4wd, V-6

Jefft, 10/03/2004
2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The truck seems highly reliable. I miss some of the creature comforts that my wife's Bonneville SSEI has. But overall, a very solid, dependable truck.

Best truck...EVER!Bou

sierratoy, 04/23/2011
2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 4X4 TRD December 03. 2004 was last year of the compact size. Didn't want the larger midsize 05 model. Extremely durable and reliable. Off road capabilities are superb. It also cruises very well on the highway. Excellent in snow...deep snow. Only regular scheduled maintenance required.These trucks are the best EVER.

Love This Truck!

J Love, 11/09/2010
2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my truck in late 2003, and it just turned 100,000 mile last week. It has not needed anything other than normal maintenance (brakes need to be replaced, tires too). The worst thing is that the accelerator squeaks. I travel about 30 miles to and from work daily and it gives me a comfortable ride. The V6 helps passing the big trucks (I am glad I did not get the 4 cylinder). This is a great truck! I hope my next Toyota is just as reliable (whenever that happens).

Poor Quality Truck

Michael_F, 12/13/2003
2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased truck from Molle Toyota of Missouri in KC. The truck was delivered to me with a leaky radiator hose & a deformed plastic piece that surrounds the clock inside the truck & several other defects inside the truck. Some of the other defects inside the truck as follows: (1). Flexible rubber cover that covers the seat hinge gets crushed into the hinge when you move the upper part of the seat completely forward, you can check this out for yourself on any Toyota truck. (2). Cutouts in the carpet of the seat for the head rest are too large for the plastic piece that is designed to cover them up. (3). Dash pieces are cheap & do not line up properly.