Skip to main content

4.38 out of 5 stars

Love this truck

pixieplc, 01/24/2007
2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck because I was moving out west and wanted something to get me through any kind of conditions. Driven cross country several times with no problems at all. Very reliable and stylish, I get compliments on it all the time. I was worried the cost was too high but I haven't regretted it for a minute since my purchase. I will drive this truck til the wheels fall off!

4.63 out of 5 stars

Fun but noisy

Mr Cheap, 02/17/2003
2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned the Tacoma for less than a week. Excellent design and quality. I had a Mazada B3000 4x4 V6 for less than 4 weeks, until the dealer could install A/C. No comparison... a rebranded Ford Ranger... The Tacoma is powerful, fun to drive, great traction in 4x4, but noisy. I know Toyota has great NVH engineering (my other car is a Lexus), but not enough was invested in this vehicle.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Tough Truck

Michael Meyer, 08/19/2003
2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

The Toyota Tacoma is a solid, quiet truck. Hunters have been amazed seeing the truck quietly approach their camps. The interior is very easy to keep clean, looks like new after a quick vacum and wipe down. Fuel economy is great for a pick up. I am a believer in the quality and reliability after owning this, my first Toyota.

4.63 out of 5 stars

A Real Truck!!!

ex-18- wheeler, 11/19/2003
2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Have the TRD package, stock, except added a grille guard. Took it up Horsethief Canyon Trail at Lake Mead Rec. area last Sat..Kept it in H-4 the whole time.(Jeez, when do you use L- 4???) Only 'lifted' Rubicon jeeps could handle this trail, except for my taco. Larger 4x4's have to stick to civilized off-roads.

4.88 out of 5 stars

The Competiton is Not an Option

OffRdWarrior, 08/17/2004
2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Don't waste your money on the TuRD package. Get aftermarket suspension - For cheap get coil spacers, slightly more go "Old Man Emu", or the bucks get coilovers. Aftermarket lockers and your unstoppable.