Used 1995 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

1995 Toyota Tacoma: It Will Survive Nuclear War !
By Ye Olde Missouri Gearhead

1995 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my little "Old Gold" Tacoma when it was 4 years old in 1999. Had 21,000 miles then -- now 151,000. Extended cab LX trim with air conditioning. 2.4L 4-cyl and 5-speed manual transmission. Great knockaround utility vehicle. Perfect for my suburban homeowner needs. It is the most reliable, most bulletproof vehicle I've ever owned. When we humans all die off, the aliens from the Planet Ralphamador will land on Earth, and the Tacoma will still be sitting here. They'll be curious what the "key" does, turn it and it will start right up, and they'll say, "These Earthlings were a primitive society, but this transportation module isn't bad." (BTW, this quote works best if you do your best Robin Williams "Mork from Ork" impersonation). My wife complains that it doesn't have power side mirrors, and that she has to reach all the way over to re-adjust them for her. She keeps harping for me to get rid of it. However, she drives it maybe once or twice per year, so when she yammers about getting rid of the truck, I just hear "wah, wah, wah" like the old Charlie Brown Peanuts TV shows. Then I tell her that she's driving a $50K SUV (an expensive maintenance pain in the ass), so while I love you, just zip yer' lip. My smartass adult son claims the truck sitting in the driveway is depressing property values in the neighborhood. But then when he want to haul his or his friends crap, guess what he always borrows? Besides, it's a great teaching example to millennials on how we geezers from the Last Century had to crank the windows up and down, use road maps, and use a third pedal on the floor to make the vehicle go. Now GET OFF MY LAWN, you Edmunds whippersnappers! :-)

Best looking truck ever, not overdone or bloated.
By Chris P. Cornell

1995 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

Keeps on trucking... yea ya!
By Eric

1995 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This was my first truck I have purchased on my own, when I was 18. Great truck!! It now has 270,000 miles and keeps on going. Things I had to replace or repair: U joint in drive shaft (80,000 miles & 120,000 mi), Powersteering pump (100,000 mi), starter (120,000 mi) and that's all that comes to mind. Right now, I do have a an oil leak, need to replace spark plugs more frequently since there is an oil leak there too but the truck keeps running fine and it passed smog (CA is a big deal). The car, in my opinion is very reliable. Toyota trucks, compact size, are great cars!

The speed when first purchased car.

Maybe better gas mileage.

Holy Smokes, Do I Love This Truck!
By BCdogs14

1995 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

Easily the greatest vehicle I've ever driven. I've never had to fix anything that wasn't a perishable commodity. Brake pads only once, spark plugs once. Not bad for a 13 year old truck. Even took her cross country CA to NC... she kicked that out like it was driving to the store. Gas mileage is awesome for a truck. A story: Wife was buying her Yaris, and the salesman asks me what I'm driving, like to sell me one too, I tell him "that 1995 Tacoma right there". His smile drooped and he he walked away. I am convinced this truck will outlive me. I get offers on it from strangers almost once a week... and no soap. I love this truck!!!

Everything. I take her out on the back roads in eastern NC all the time to get to fishing holes. The rednecks here bag on me for not having 4wd, but then they see me go off road, and it shuts them up. Even the interior fabric cleans up easily!!

Someone mentioned the cup holder, and I agree. Kind of a not so stable place to put it. Same for the paint chips on the hood. But for the ONLY complaint to be the cup holder and paint? Toyota did SOMETHING right!!!

Tacoma rules
By RG

1995 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Extended Cab SB

After 13yrs on the road my toy still have the same mileage of 350 +/- on the road in city about 300. keep adding fuel cleaners 3 times a yr from stp, to more expense fuel cleaners at lease ones a yr, change oil every 3-4 mths. No Major problems. Once a yr a false reading of valve stuck comes on ( just reset battery ) warm the car before you drive, and no shifting errors by the driver that will trigger computer errors.

The level of noise inside is very low.

Need more fancy, electronics, remove the old knobs, they are old, classic. Don't like too much classic.