Skip to main content

Select your model:

Worst Experience with a New Car EVER

Lisa K, 05/03/2021
XLE Premium 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

I've always driven General Motors vehicles but in March 2021, I decided to give Toyota a chance after hearing wonderful things about the Rav4. After having the car for less than one month, I was at a stop light - completely stopped - and my car lunged forward TWICE and hit the car in front of me. While at the body shop, the technician was pulling the car around and had his foot on the brake and said the RMPs went up and the car lunged again. I immediately reported it to Toyota after the first incident. They sent someone to the body shop to perform diagnostic tests. The test was completed on 4/14. I reported the second incident on 4/27 (immediately after it was reported to me) and was told they could not do anything until the Toyota engineers review the diagnostic test data. To sum it up, I have a brand new car that I have not driven since 4/1/21 because I do not feel it is safe to drive. Neither my salesman at Van York or Toyota have been of any assistance.

3 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars

Noisy

CindiF, 01/12/2021
XLE Premium 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

I hate the sound this years Rav makes when it first excels. It sounds like a truck straining. I loved my other 2 Ravs , neither sounded like this. I wish it was quieter. Once in an SUV , I don’t want to go back to a car. I hope they change the way it sounds when you start off. My husband also finds it’s tight getting in passenger side without hitting your head .

Amazing masculine SUV!

Robert, 04/03/2021
updated 10/05/2021
XLE Premium 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

We recently purchased a 2021 RAV4 XLE PREMIUM trim for my husband. This SUV is amazing and comfortable, as he is 5’11 and I am 5’9”. The 2.5L engine has a lot of pick me up when needed, which I don’t understand how some are saying this vehicle is underpowered, sure it’s no 8cylinder but it has more than sufficient power for everyday use. It’s very roomy, much more than my new 2021 NX 300 makes me like the RAV4 a little more since it’s also very reasonable in price with all the features it brings. We bought ours with just the features the XLE Premium has to offer with no extra add ons, since this is a commuter vehicle and my husband drives 92 miles a day round trip and a full tank of gas lasts a little over 4 days. That’s amazing for it being a gasoline engine and not a hybrid, which we tend to stay away from for now until that technology is a little more perfected. Overall I definitely recommend this trim level RAV4, oh and it’s assembled in Canada which I know from experience produces amazing quality Toyota models. Test drive one for yourself! We traded in our reliable 2017 Camry SE for this one and don’t regret it one bit! We are a Toyota family for life!!!! Update as of 10/05/2021 - We are still in love with our RAV4 and it’s been very reliable after 12,000 miles. Only been at Toyota for regular service and get its oil changed every 5k instead of the 10k for extra protection to the engine. I still highly recommend this vehicle for anyone in the market for a reliable and spacious SUV that gets great gas mileage!

5 out of 5 stars

Everything we expected it to be

Len, 03/14/2021
XLE Premium 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

We have only had the car a couple of weeks but drove it 1500 miles across the western US. It performed perfectly and was both comfortable and well equipped. The gas mileage did however average only 27 MPG with only two adult passengers and a moderate amount of luggage, but that is likely because we were consistently driving at highway speeds across expanses of desert. Very pleased so far, though early days.

Stylish Rav4

Ellis Songy , 11/15/2020
XLE Premium 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

Great vehicle that has style and class and won’t break the bank.