Skip to main content

2 out of 5 stars

NOT GOOD ON HIGHWAY

Trish, 06/30/2021
XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

Went on road trip, driving about 80 mph on highway. Big 18 wheeler goes by on right side fine. A Ford pickup F150 goes by on right side I feel like I got sucked in. Was fighting driving the SUV all the way. And coming back a Mustang goes by on right and the same. Held real tight to the steering wheel and I felt that it was all over the road too. Engine is loud too. Has anyone else feel this way? I read some reviews and can't find them. Getting it checked...

2 out of 5 stars

1 out of 5 stars

Beware

Velma Tanner, 04/22/2021
updated 06/10/2021
XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

I'm 62 years old and this was to be my retirement vehicle. I used to be a toyota loyalist. Although I have been driving a buick for 10 years. Had a 2003 Rav4. Drove it for 8 years until totaled in accident. I guess I'm too old now. Decided to be economical and buy the New Rav4. Wrong. Way too much noise. Road and wind noise. Engine noise is awful. Steering bad. Never had issues with cloth seats before. This model is terrible. Soils so easily. Just touch it with anything. Then when I try to clean it. It makes water rings. The seats are hard and thin and uncomfortable. My husband complained about lighting. He's correct. Awful. Very little wimpy interior lights. WHY ? And back to seats. No height adjustment for passenger seat! Really they couldn't put the little hand crank to raise or lower. The sun visors are too small and without raising the seat everytime you are blinded. Everything is hard plastic touches. No comfort. To use the buttons on lower left you have to twist and lower your head. Not good. Back doors do not open far enough. Other small suvs open all the way out. The touch screen is horrible to look at. Faded and harsh. Looks like terrible TV picture. The radio speakers not good. Cheap sounding. Not clear. Toyota has the levels and packages crazy on this. To get the better features it is way pricey. You can go ahead and get a midsize suv. Which is exactly what I did. But couldn't get Toyota sadly. Way too pricey. Sadly had to get another foreign maker. Midsize with luxury features. But all the sharp sporty looks. The new 2021 Kia Sorento. LOVE! The Rav4 is sharp looking but it ends there. Just my opinion. I really hate it. I wanted to love it! Transmission jerks all the time. Stop start jerks....the cluster gauge is tiny. Hard to read so much on there! Try other comparable vehicles. Lost money because we had to get rid of it

no negitive

Luna Rock , 12/02/2021
XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

i am surprise at negitive reviews, I am happy with my rav4. It gets great gas mileage, I am getting 30 mpg combined and after breakin I am expecting alittle better. I do agree the seats are firm but I have had back surgery and it really isnt a problem for me. I find the cabin to be super quiet and I do not hear engine noise on the highway. It is a small suv and I do not expect a Lexus performance. I am happy with my purchase. I owned a CRV and had issues with it. I am hoping that toyota comes through for me with a great reliable suv.

Winner!

Happy Driver, 07/22/2021
XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

I completed considerable research prior to my purchase. I test drove the competitors. The Rav4 has the most horsepower (eliminating troublesome turbo options of other makes), best gas mileage, best clearance, most cargo space and the most reliable engines. The ride is smooth and quiet, acceleration is eager and responsive , great visibility, nice large touch screen and plenty of head and elbow room. I have not experienced any steering or road noise issues mentioned in other reviews. I do agree the lumbar support could be improved (but I could say the same for the competition). It's also the best looking SUV out there, IMHO. There is definitely a reason this SUV is the top seller in it's category, even though it's not the cheapest. I bought my Rav4 in April 2021 and I am super happy with my decision.

RAV4 Good with Caveats

Gedge787 , 07/07/2021
XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

Pros: Smooth Ride, Decent acceleration, Relatively quiet highway driving, Good fit and finish, (finally) power seat on XLE model, Apple Car Play, comfortable seats. Cons: Quirky 8 Speed transmission has trouble finding gear at slow speeds, minor occasional lurch in first gear from stop, noisy engine permeates cabin in city driving, RAV4 not quite as nice as 2018 and under years. Mazda CX-5 better vehicle. [non-permissible content removed].