2018 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Great little car
By Dave L

2018 Toyota RAV4 Adventure 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My Wife and I downsized into this form a 4 Door F-150 pickup, and so far are really liking it. I Opted for the Adventure version due to the fact that it can tow 3500 lbs when equipped with a tow receiver. It was a compromise that I needed to have both a small car that i can trailer behind a motorhome, but also have AWD for winters and the ability to tow a small utility trailer. I'm 6'2" and 250 lbs and I fit comfortably in the car and still leave plenty of passenger leg room behind me. we drove Honda, Kia, Hyundai and others before deciding on the Toyota. Only thing I wished it had was a subwoofer as i had in my pickup before, but overall, we are very pleased with the vehicle.

CHEAP IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD
By linda

2018 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had the 2018 RAV4XLE for two months...........First, I can't get past the horrible, uncomfortable seats...............I have tried every which way to adjust them and no luck.........Toyota dealership just blew me off........saying no one has ever told us the seats were uncomfortable..........stuffing coats and sweaters behind my back to stop it from aching......really??.........so driving with a backache doesn't leave me much else to be positive about....so, comparing to my previous SUV (lost in a horrible accident of a stupid driver changed lanes without looking and I veered left and didn't hit him but hit the center concrete divide and totaled my beautiful, comfortable 2004 XTERRA which I bought new) to me everything is wrong with this RAV4xle.........my head has 1" of headroom, claustrophobic interior, cheap materials everywhere, horrible sound system, ..........unfortunately, I bought this car under duress and no time to shop........so it is my fault........... I find the wide posts hinder my view to look out on the passenger side of the car............I don't like the small area to view out the rear view window..........the front mirror is also hindering my total view of the front windshield...........I don't feel safe in this car...........it reminds me of a cheap put put.....anyone want to buy my car???

Reliable but boring!
By K Thomas

2018 Toyota RAV4 LE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am underwhelmed with the vehicle so far. However, I have not owned many suv's. I just purchased this vehicle and I thought that it has great safety features for this base model. Pro's are that it handles/drives very well in windy or cross wind days! You can barely feel that the vehicle is being pushed. The headlights have auto dim that works pretty well for oncoming traffic. Poor gas mileage for a smaller suv! The ECO/Normal and sport transmission options are good tho. The bluetooth and sound system is low. I have adjusted what I could and still callers keep asking me to repeat myself and speak up!! It is annoying and I have checked the in call speaker volume in the settings. The voice system does not understand names well either and I set up the recognition too! So i'm fighting with that constantly. Hands free should work better these days for all manufacturers. I don't have an accent either. Stock stereo sounds low even tho I have adjusted that. Apple car play and XM radio are not an option on this model either sadly. There always is a hollow wind noise coming from the rear passenger side area. Maybe its a seal somewhere??!! Otherwise the cabin would be quiet..... Plenty of room for the kids in the back. The cons so far are, The rear liftgate is very heavy to close manually!! Wheel covers on a 23/24K vehicle?! really?! I bought it for the rebate offered but should have paid more for the XLE with upgrades. I appreciate the reliability factor and hope that the trade in value holds up before the factory warranty is up because I plan on trading it in before this....Thanks for reading..

To the new adventure
By Paige Vallone

2018 Toyota RAV4 Adventure 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This was our first time buying a Toyota. LeBrun in cananadaigua with Terry as the salesman made this a wonderful experience for my daughter as this was her first car buying experience. All were very helpful and very knowledgeable starting from the managers down to service technicians .Also to include the financial department. I would highly recommend them. Thank you very much

Ravioli
By Robert Camilli

2018 Toyota RAV4 LE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Good Value