Used 2014 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

Used RAV4 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons
3 out of 5 stars

Not the quality I expect from a Toyota

Aaron, 07/26/2018
XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

It seems that Toyota has determined that, like American car manufacturers, customer satisfaction is not as important as making every single penny they can from each customer. Example: after 4 years, the stereo system in our 2014 Rav4 has stopped working and is in a constant rebooting loop. There have been numerous reports of this online and the only solution (according to Toyota) is to purchase a new radio from them. Ridiculous! Toyota has dishonored their family name and is a disgrace to the Japanese people - shame on them!

Would buy again

Sharon, 05/19/2017
XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Aside from the stereo going out within the first two years this has been a great reliable SUV.

1 out of 5 stars

2014 RAV 4-XLE-FWD Gas Milage Terrible!

terryljam3, 11/22/2014
XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a new RAV 4 in April of this year. My 2014 RAV 4 was the XLE with front wheel drive only which was rated for 24 city and 31 hwy mpg. I have over 5000 miles on it and have taken multiple highway trips and driven it to work locally each day. No mater what driving condition, I have only achieved 24 mpg. I tried different gas octanes and no difference. My Mazda's always achieved there rated mileage so the idea of my driving habits have nothing to do with it. This car is a lemon and the dealer will not even talk to me about it. I cannot promote this car that does not do what it was advertised to do. Two years later and the gas mileage still sucks! No improvement. Update-2017: I traded this gas sucking RAV-4 and got a nice Honda CRV that gets 35 mpg as advertised. On the RAV-4, the Berglund Toyota dealer in Lynchburg VA and Toyota HQ refused to back their advertising and did nothing but try to blame it on my driving! I will never buy or rent any Toyota product until I'm dead and will not drive one in heaven because all Toyota cars and dealers will be in hell!

2.38 out of 5 stars

Not worth it

duke98, 12/16/2014
XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first Toyota but will be my last. It has problems from the first month and the dealer is not willing do do any acceptable resolution. The car runs OK but not better than competitors and there are numerous quality issues. The navigation is not working properly and lost on the road at least once ever 5~6 uses. I now use my iphone more due to its reliability. Seat-belt locks when I put on, so I have to try many times to unlock it. I often locks when I need to reach the glove box while parked in a parking lot, so I had to take it off. The rear brakes make strange noise. [HTML removed]

Radio

Richard chang, 06/20/2018
XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My onboard radio went out of commission at the 4th year. I spent another $780 to get a new one.They said the wiring and interface of Toyota radio was too complicated to work properly. I never drove a car with radio went dead first. Is this "Toyota quality"? OMG! They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Not gonna buy Toyota anymore.

2 out of 5 stars