2017 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

2nd row 60/40 split seats shake terribly
By Highlander owner

2017 Toyota Highlander XLE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Overall love the car except for interior back row seats shakes terribly , I brought to service department and they concluded that is was normal condition as compared to somewhat like car.

Amazing!!!!
By Billngb

2017 Toyota Highlander XLE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

You won’t be disappointed! Comfortable quiet and the fuel economy...Averaging 25 mpg after 11,000 miles of mixed driving. The car has been stellar in nearly all aspects. The only improvement I would like to see is Apple car play. Unfortunately Toyota has been slow responding to tech upgrades.

Family loves this 2017 XLE AWD Highlander.
By Dan Cheatham

2017 Toyota Highlander XLE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

This is our third Toyota. We had a 2005 Avalon, a 2009 Venza, and then traded for a 2017 Highlander. At trade in time at the dealership, we were going to keep the Venza for our son. The dealership kept offering us more and higher offers to get our Venza, so we finally traded it in for a great price. Got to love the higher trade in values of Toyotas! All of these vehicles had the 3.5 liter engine, which has very good power and fuel economy. And all 3 Toyotas had completely trouble free miles. We waited until the 2017 Highlander was available so we could buy the newest safety tech., plus engine has more power etc.. Had the dealership install a trailer hitch, so we can tow up to 5 k pounds. We live in the Reno/Tahoe area and this vehicle does great year round. Whether it is cruising up to the lake, or airport duty hauling people and bags, it is just the right size. The XLE we bought, had center bench seats. The only thing we might have changed, would have been getting center bucket seats, for a little more support on longer trips. We like the Celestial silver color as it does not seem to get as hot as a darker color in the summer sun.

2017 Hylander constant problems
By Claire

2017 Toyota Highlander XLE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I bought a 2017 Hylander at the end of March last year and it spends more time at garage than home, broke down at 9 months when the wheels locked and had to have vehicle towed, whole new transmittion needed, since then, usb broke,door trim came off car and scratched the paintwork, safety sensors fail to work in heavy rain and today I used the sun roof for the first time and the plastic falls off when opened, couldn’t believe it. I’m sick of arguing with Toyota and their excuses why things aren’t covered. I had to fight to have door trim fixed, as they said I caused it, now how could I pull the door trim off? Finally after weeks of arguing they agreed to cover.

Saved My Life
By Jean

2017 Toyota Highlander LE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

We have owned 3 Highlanders. My last was a 2014 Highlander LE FWD. I was in a headon collision a week ago and this vehicle saved my life. State troopers and DOT officers told my family that this vehicle did everything it could do to save my life and it surpassed that. I am alive with bumps and bruises, but all air bags deployed and curtains. I feel that if I would of had the grandkids with me I think that they would of survived also with the safety features that this vehicle provides. The impact speed they thought was in excess of 135MPH. We will be owning another Toyota Highlander in the near future. Know your safety features before buying.