Used 2008 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews - 246 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Big Dave's review
By Dave McCullough

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Check to see if it has a ticking noise @ a cold start up!!

Pig. It falsely capatilizes on the Rav 4 fame,
By james saintjule

2008 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In spite of all the gushy comments stay away. The car is a pig to service. Knobs that simply fall off to brake dust shields that cost 391.00 instead 16.98 dollars. It is an overpriced pig

Best yet
By Hawkeye

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV has been the best used I have owened

A totally new experience with a Toyota
By Terry Atkinson

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car delivers a solid performance in almost very way possible. There are many used vehicles available, but the key in purchasing the right one is to know the problems the vehicle may or may not have had over years, how often it was serviced, and its current condition. If you can find one with lower milage which is rare-grab it! Most of the 2008 models will have at least 100,000- 175,000+ miles on them. The good news is that these models seem to last forever.

Reliable Car now Maintenance
By Kelly

2008 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car brand new in 2008. I am now having issues with it in 2017. So, it has been a good car. I have the base model, so nothing is fancy and the interior is okay. The last year I have had several things go wrong, which could be because the car has 179K miles. The radio is going out(volume and tuner both will go up and down radically when I turn it up or down, sometimes when I turn it down it will turn all the way up to MAX volume) I'm less than thrilled that this is happening. And some days the display doesn't show the radio station, etc it blanks out. I have replaced the alternator and sensor within the last 6 months. Come to find out this car has 4 sensors, so the testing is a bit pricey. Luckily I have a local mechanic that works on this car. I couldn't afford the dealership prices at this time. $100/hr is nuts, by the way! And my car didn't start the other day after I got home, so I'm thinking another sensor is getting ready to go out. I have even changed to Super & Premium gas to help the sensors last long(mechanic's advice). I'm not currently happy that it may be not reliable and it sounds like my ball joint is going to need work as well. All and all the car has been great and traveled a many of miles. But I need this car to last another couple years!

Update: 2018 - I have replaced my radio and that has been wonderful. Now I have hands free calling, etc. It hasn't died on me lately(fingers crossed). It has been an all around great car with now 187K miles.