Used 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used FJ Cruiser for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

My ICEBERG FJ

FJ Rocks, 01/04/2016
4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Best vehicle i have ever owned. Best of both worlds. I live in a remote area an do alot of driving an when the weather gets bad i need a suv that will preform safely for me an my family. This one is the best i have ever had. Drives great on road an will go where i need to go. I have owned alot of vehicles but nothing even compares to the fj. If you want a vehicle that will go like a jeep but last like no other buy a fj. Toyota made another great product with the fj. Too bad they dont sell them anymore in the us. I love it. An the aftermarket parts selection are unreal. You can make it customized to your liking in no time.

2013 FJ Cruiser 4x4

fj_reaper, 09/06/2013
4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far this has been one of the funnest vehicles I have owned. There is plenty of function, mixed with a handfull of play! Between the ample off road capabilities and the smooth ride on hard surfaces the FJ is a joy to drive.

Nothing Compares!

Sawboss, 01/18/2017
4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned a Jeep Wrangler, 4x4 Tacoma(2011) and older 4x4 S10 and a Civic. I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that the FJ is the funnest vehicle on the road! It blows the Wrangler out of the water! Lots of power, great suspension, lots of leg room. I could go on and on. Off road in the mountains of Tennessee or the Orange Groves of Florida it's second to none! You can take the FJ virtually anywhere. Love this vehicle! Never getting rid of it! Great in Rain or Snow. Toyota made an amazing vehicle in the FJ.

Lots of Issues and Not a Platform Vehicle

CSS, 03/03/2020
4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I’ve had issues galore with my 2013. Had metal flakes show up in my oil pan, stealership ended up replacing the entire engine after trying to resolve the issue right up until my near warranty expiration. What a nightmare there already. Add in that while Toyota sells peeps on the idea of this being a platform, DIY friendly, Wrangler competitor, it actively blocks such things by not allowing for something as simple as a REPAIR MANUAL or GUIDE. So frustrating. Oil changes are a nightmare in the post 2010 FJ’s and the suspension is loud and sees things like the rubber boot covers, ball joints, the exposed pulley wheels which aren’t enclosed for some reason, and myriad other things that they clearly cut corners on but didn’t have to that go bad way more readily than any other vehicle I’ve owned. That said, it’s an absolute beast off road, it isn’t the worst car on the road, the MPG is awful, the roof rack is a joke, and visibility is a death wish to all those around it.

No purchase yet

lynn dixon, 03/03/2017
4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Husband decided he wants a blue FJ Cruiser and they are hard to find with lower miles, in great shape, in our price range.