Used 2016 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Great car
By John

2016 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Love this car for the price looks awesome and good fuel economy I've had a Camry with 224k on it that I traded for this car that ran perfect Toyota in my book is the best

3rd Toyota owned and so far so good
By WI winter lover

2016 Toyota Corolla Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this car in LA and drove it back to WI, 2200 miles in 3.5 days. I'm a big guy, 6'3" . Seats fit me perfect. Better than my truck. Not sure why others say acceleration is slow. I'd hit it merging onto highways with a 75 mph limit and it was at and above the speed limit without punching it with no problems. That's with 2 in the car, truck filled with luggage and a cooler fill of ice. Car handled the hot desert and high winds and glided us home. 115 degrees in the desert and temp gauge never moved! Don't like the headlight or fan controls but other than that the long trip proved it to me. We averaged 34+ mpg driving around LA and the whole trip home. So far I like it better than our 07 Camry.

This car not for everybody, but it IS for me!
By Mr Gabriel

2016 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE Eco 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Reading lots of reviews on this model, the main 2 disappointments have been acceleration and fuel economy (not matching stats). This car is not designed to accelerate quickly! In fact, it has specific tech, distinct from all other Corolla models, for higher fuel economy *at a 'cost' to acceleration*. Thus, if you try to compensate for its lack of power, you will be punished with lower fuel economy that advertised. Since advertised fuel economy testing is standardized, there is no cheating! However, Corolla, like other CVT fuel efficient cars, can actually outperform the published numbers (driving with a 'light' foot) or under-perform when driving with a heavy foot. Sorry speedy... Having said that, it is not a slow car! 0-60 data varies from 8.9 to 9.5, outperforming many cars in this price range (and higher) with lower fuel economy. Other measures are surprising positive as well, including handling (though the steering is not awesome like a Honda) and the ride quality. However, the road nice picked up by tires (not wind) makes the nice ride a bit less appreciable. Therefore, when getting tires I highly recommend tires rates for quiet, as well as avoiding over-inflating, maybe best to slightly under-inflate. OK, this may cost you a touch on MPG... I sold the stock tires one year (to a private party) and bought a 'compromise tire', a Yokohama Avid Ascent (big step up from stock tires) rated highly for low rolling resistance, quiet ride and longevity. I gave up excellent handling (still "very good") as well as snow performance (unnecessary for me). They perform great in rain for me, even though some ratings were only "good". Since I got this car 1 year old, I essentially replaced the tires immediately after experiencing the dismal performance of the originals. Thus the price for the car represents a 1 year old Certified Pre-owned from Toyota, with all those benefits!

2016 Toyota Corolla S Plus
By Christian Salter

2016 Toyota Corolla Sedan S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I love my car

Love Toyota
By Tink

2016 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

If you want a reliable car that doesn't cost much to maintain this is the car for you. this car will get you from point A to point B with no trouble at all. If you're looking for a race car this is not for you. However, if you want a car that you can drive for many years at a low cost to maintain. I highly recommend the Toyota Corolla. I am very happy i bought this car. I bought it brand new in 2016 and have had no trouble at all. I would Highly recommend that you only use top tear gas. That's what Toyota recommends. I get great gas milage with shell gas. I have only used Shell gas since i bought it.