Used 2016 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Hybrid model:

Toyota
By L

2016 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Too low . I bump my head every day . Don't hit the curve or you will have to buy a tire ever time , Paper thin tires !!! Toooo small of a car Not for a tall or big person . The radio isn't great . Don't like the display screen Everything about is took small sorry . Need to make them bigger & better

Love My 2016 RED Toyota Camry Hybrid SE
By Jeffrey Peikin

2016 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought a Camry XSE in early 2016, and while I enjoyed the car, was disappointed in the lackluster fuel economy, which was about 25mpg in a fairly equitable distribution of city and highway driving. While shopping for my daughter's Toyota Prius, I was bitten by the "hybrid bug." I bought a red 2016 Preferred Used Camry, which had been driven only 1,700 miles and was in impeccable shape. Here's the difference between the 2016 gas vs hybrid Camry. My hybrid gets about 37 mpg on average. With its engine configuration, it gets 200hp, and this boost compared to the gas version is evident in much better acceleration. The hybrid version, because of its very heavy battery, also weighs about 400 lbs more than the gas version. This results in smoother cornering and a more "sophisticated" ride. All in all, I'm thrilled with what to me seems like a better vehicle with a better ride that is more gas efficient.

Note 3/5/2018 Still in love with my Camry Hybrid! I've learned that it handles differently from the all-gas version, but it's altogether smoother and is less balky. I have about 16,000 miles on it, and average approximately 37mpg overall. Highway trips often produce an average of 40-47 mpg, but the stop/go of city driving seems to take a toll on the overall MPG.

Note: 9/2018 Hitting 22,000 miles in stride and still a great performing vehicle. I do love my Toyota!

2016 Toyota Camry Hybrid SE
By Eli

2016 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First of all, I saw this car and it was okay for me to purchase but I was looking other car had better than this then I took 16 Camry Hybrid SE and drove test shortly. It was very quiet and smooth. I've decided that I purchased this car and drove on my way. A few month later, my car had decreased performances and seat uncomfortable and many thangs happen in my car. Also, when I drove 65 mph or 70 mph on a highway and still not really great on an engine and not enough push on uphill that I have to more on gas acceleration and an engine is still in a garbage. The suspension is still awkward and cold/hot condition is slow to increase up. I think its new 2018 is a little better because have performance and look better but I have not driven test yet I bet that it will be the same as current my car then I would never buy in any Toyota.

My second Camry Hybrid
By nicholas karter

2016 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like the lane departure warning, frontal collision radar and back up camera/safty system....As far as being a hybrid, I am getting a steady 38 MPG in mix driving (suburban roads)> I got 23.5 in my previous subaru Legacy AWD, so the hybrid system really works. I also like being green.... Acceleration is really good, cornering a bit soft but the ride is very comfortable.

Great sedan; value packed and quick for a Hybrid
By JT

This is a great car! It is value packed and super comfortable. I have the XLE in Blizzard Pearl with tinted windows and moon roof. This car looks as good as it is. It is much sportier looking than the Camry of the past. It gets looks wherever I drive and I often get second looks when I accelerate onto the freeway. The gas/electric motor combo is just as good as having the V6... only with better mileage. I also have the technology package, so I have all the bells and whistles. I am completely satisfied with this car!