Used 2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Hybrid model:

Impressive Vehicle!
By Steve Noble

2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this “family car” new in 2014 and I traded in a “cool car” 2011 BMW 3-Series upon purchase. I could not be happier four years later driving one of the most popular cars on the road. The gas mileage is incredible and it does achieve the EPA estimates. The hybrid system works flawlessly. I was really surprised with the acceleration and driving experience, especially when you are not in eco mode. The stellar Toyota reliability is without question and the hybrid has been no exception to the rule. I have the fully loaded XLE model and the interior is really luxurious. The navigation system is nice, push button start, sunroof, heated seats, all of the expected creature comforts. Toyota puts very high end and comfortable leather in their cars. The silver bezel around the shifter is cheap and scratches easily. Back seat is spacious and fits a car seat nicely. Some items that I wish were available and might be on newer models: dual power seats, memory seating, auto wipers, xenon lights, rear sunshade...I’m grasping for straws here! The smart key acted up a few months ago and apparently it is a common issue where the driver door will not unlock and has to be manually opened...the issue resolved itself after several months. Everything on this car works as it should and it is easy to take for granted. I have considered other cars and in fact bought a Volvo XC90 thinking I wanted more room. Thankfully I did not sell the Camry because I hated the Volvo and sold it after a week of ownership. This is a solid car that will last forever. I have done nothing but put a set of tires on at 40,000 miles and change the oil with synthetic every 7,500. When purchased new, it was pricey at $34,500, but you can find real values in used models. Also with gas at much lower prices and likely never getting back where it once was, I would buy Hybrid only if there is a want to be green, not to recoup a return on your investment through gas savings, as it will take many years to do so.

Great car
By Hansoninteriors@aol.com

2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This trim is very easy to use...the navigation is terrific

Great car but...
By stavripd

2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Small compartment for storing registration and other significant items to the left side of the dash next to steering column is worthless. It will not even hold a credit card or a business card. Poor design engineering. What was the point? Nice reliable sedan, why such a poor resale or trade in value? It's not a Ford after all.

Great Car!
By BLF

It is a great car.

FrenchFry Is Riight Awesome
By LP

2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/13 (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Look the dayI bought this car I test drove an Avalon nice fast. But it was out of my range went to the used car side. I wanted a sunroof so I test drove a 2012 regular Camry XLE 40k on it it was beat up a tad I could tell looking at the radio pushed it acceleration sucked. But before I drove the regular Camry this pretty blue caught my eye. So there was a white le and then that pretty blue one the white one was a standard white. I really did have my heart set on the hybrid so I go to the pretty blue one it was a hybrid no sunroof but I looked at the mileage just a 2014 certified pre-owned with just under 13k. I couldn't pass it up. I jumped in the car and test drove it. Now mind u I test drove a regular Avalon first and I don't mean like a granny. I pushed it hard. So back to the test drive of the now my pretty blue 2014 Camry Hybrid LE. I got I started driving ummm ok then I hit the gas pedal. Whoosh I was amazed comparing the pickup to the 2012 Camry XLE and the now my 14 hybrid. Night and day mind u I drove the regular Avalon 2015/16 first. I was impressed with the pickup mind u I was ready to walk before I drove this car. I was hooked, no sunroof ok, but certified pre-owned 13k mi. Clean interior a couple of minor nicks teeny tiny the put touch up paint on it. So I bought it, also I'm 56 an old muscle car lover. This car is plenty quick pretty blue chicks dig that. I threw some custom 16" wheels on it didn't want to give up mpg for looks. Now the gas mileage if u drive it right and this is in the summer with the A/C I have gotten averaged 41/42 mpg if I just get a little fun in now and again 38mpg. I was driving early one Sunday morn opened it up shweet. U can drive it on battery up to 50mph here is the trick to getting in in hybrid mode. From a stop accelerate get to just above the speed u want to be let off the gas for a bit and when u see the tire symbol recharging the batt. Press the gas ever so lightly then it will keep the speed u like and run off the batt. Can't wait to see what I get when the weather gets cooler. Now the handling, this thing handles nicely handles curves well turns if need be on a dime. It's not Euro like Porsche handling but u can handle curves well at a pretty good rate of speed. Comfort for me and I'm a tad over 6'1 185 medium to large frame man. For me it's comfortable I Ike the way I can put my head on the head rest and it gives great support. Stereo and mind I this is the base level stereo. I listen to all types of music mainly smooth jazz. I consider myself a pseudo audio file. Stereo is superb I hear sound detail is exceptional. I can't attest to reliability as of yet because of low miles. But I'm not worried because of the Camry reputation. Look this is a 14 gal tank from completely full to that last little notch right before the E I have gotten 535 on a tank of gas. Bottom line like French Fry said choosing this over a Prius especially if you are a big guy is a no brainer jump on it don't hesitate. Also I would urge those considering a 2016/17 XLE LE regular Camry take a step down if need be and get the hybrid I think you will be a lot happier with the pickup and the gas mileage. Yeah I wish I had the sunroof but I'm more than happy with what I got and the price I paid. Lastly I always leave my car in ECO mode and HV mode