Used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 252 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (252 reviews )

Best Car I had ever OWNED
By glrine46

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I ought this car, new, in 2007, on my birthday. It has always provided me with excellent reliability, performance, gas mileage (mid-30's mpg), and comfort. It has always been dealer-serviced and most of the time that has even been oil changes. I now have 208 K miles on it, and the only mechanical repair required has been a leaky water pump (not a failed water pump ... just a failed gasket), and THAT was while the car was still under warranty. The car STILL has the original brake pads.

Great car for being guieni pig on hybrid vehicles.
By David

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Hybrid batteries only last 10 years , then total failure with 5k replacement cost. A 40k vehicle should last 15 years with zero maintenance costs. This is the future of vehicles, monthly payments until the car is sent to the the scrapyard, shortly after the last payment. This is ridiculous, vehicles should be able to be repaired at a reasonable cost, but no, today all products are thrown away after a short time period. I really enjoyed this car, but reliability has been replaced by a disposable society. Repair costs at a dealership is well over $150 hour and a simple relay that should cost $5 is now $110. Toyota is following the landfill mentality, so that you are forced to be forever enslaved by a monthly car payment. This review will be deleted because I speak the truth, but if we don’t get back to making reliable products our future of the United States is doomed just to make the 1% wealthier. I truly hope that the future is bright with great innovations and success, but creating products for failure to acquire maximum profit Shows how far capitalism has destroyed the human race.

2007 oil consumption Do not buy!!!!
By Tom Dommer

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased a used 2007 Camry Hybrid in September of 2017. I have been dedicated to Toyota. I did not do a through research on the model. I research the history of the car prior to purchase. One owner, all scheduled maintenance performed at the selling dealership. DCH Toyota in New York. Only 86K miles. Sounds like a great car.
After 2 months and + 2000 miles I checked the oil. Down 2 quarts! I thought ok may be it was shorted at the last oil change. I added 2 quarts. Checked it again 1000 miles later, down another quart. After additional investigtion I discovered the oil consumption issue. Call Toyota and they offered nothing. I will be looking elsewhere for my next vehicle. Buy at your own risk.

10 Years and going strong
By Andy

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just hit the 10 year mark, 146k, and the Hybrid system lights came on. I was grateful and pleased to have made it this far with nothing more than tire, oil and brake maintenance. Looking for options as I'm not interested in spending $$$ on a new battery. The car still drives decently (jumpy off the brake) and the fuel mileage remains north of 26 mph so I might just deal with it.

Smooth gas-sipper
By Bill

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased a 2007 Camry Hybrid used in 2012 with 48,000 miles. The car was rear-ended and totaled last week. It had 218,000 miles by then. Car was the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It got great gas mileage (35 mpg average). I would still be driving it towards 300,000 miles if it had not been wrecked. The only drawback was the tiny trunk due to the hybrid battery taking up space.