Used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 250 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (250 reviews )

2007 oil consumption Do not buy!!!!
By Tom Dommer

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased a used 2007 Camry Hybrid in September of 2017. I have been dedicated to Toyota. I did not do a through research on the model. I research the history of the car prior to purchase. One owner, all scheduled maintenance performed at the selling dealership. DCH Toyota in New York. Only 86K miles. Sounds like a great car.
After 2 months and + 2000 miles I checked the oil. Down 2 quarts! I thought ok may be it was shorted at the last oil change. I added 2 quarts. Checked it again 1000 miles later, down another quart. After additional investigtion I discovered the oil consumption issue. Call Toyota and they offered nothing. I will be looking elsewhere for my next vehicle. Buy at your own risk.

10 Years and going strong
By Andy

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just hit the 10 year mark, 146k, and the Hybrid system lights came on. I was grateful and pleased to have made it this far with nothing more than tire, oil and brake maintenance. Looking for options as I'm not interested in spending $$$ on a new battery. The car still drives decently (jumpy off the brake) and the fuel mileage remains north of 26 mph so I might just deal with it.

Smooth gas-sipper
By Bill

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased a 2007 Camry Hybrid used in 2012 with 48,000 miles. The car was rear-ended and totaled last week. It had 218,000 miles by then. Car was the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It got great gas mileage (35 mpg average). I would still be driving it towards 300,000 miles if it had not been wrecked. The only drawback was the tiny trunk due to the hybrid battery taking up space.

Great gas mileage, but bad head rests
By Paul McDonald

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's rated at 33/34 mpg. The worst I got at below 0 degree wind chill, having to warm up vehicle for 7 minutes before leaving, and driving in a small town, as 24 mpg. The best mpg I got was 39 mpg (long-distance on back roads or on highways with stop lights). The head rests are horrible, though. It feels like you're putting your head on a rock, and it pushes you head forward (I like sitting straight-up when I drive, at 90 degree angle). Also, the mpg readout was always wrong. I calculated my mpg at every fill-up myself. Besides the drawbacks, it's a great car. I have always loved Camry.

Best car I have ever owned.
By Nathan Walker

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have now sold this car. My experience with this Camry Hybrid and the three Toyotas that preceded it led me to buy a new 2017 Lexus 300ES Hybrid. The Camry delivered 40 miles per gallon on the freeway and only slightly less on city streets for 76000 miles. It required virtually no maintenance in the ten years I owned it. Both acceleration and braking were great. My only concern was that the car was ten years old and I did not know how long the traction battery would last or how I would know if it was getting ready to fail. No problems were encountered in this or any other area.