2019 Toyota C-HR SUV Consumer Reviews

$21,145

Save as much as $1,291
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

My Ruby Flare CHR (Raijin)

Dan, 01/01/2019
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Absolutely fell in love with the exterior of the CH-R! In my opinion it is the most attractive option in its’ class. The ruby flare pearl is stunning in any light! Yes, there’s no awd, but honestly not a deal breaker for me. In “Sport” mode it has plenty of acceleration from the 2.0 . I also like the ride height for entry and exit of the vehicle, not too low or high....just right! The only thingsI feel i would like to change is the center console layout and fuel tank capacity. All in all I am one very satisfied consumer with my Toyota CH-R.

My C-HR is fun to drive

KatK, 11/01/2018
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have driven my 2019 C-HR for several weeks, and I love it! It is fun to drive, especially on windy roads, and it turns and stops on a dime. Acceleration is slow and visibility is poor in the backseat, but speed has not been a problem, and I rarely have anyone in the back seats. Its cool exterior makes the C-HR stand out among CUVs, and I think it’s edgy. The safety features are fantastic. I have been very happy with this car, and I recommend it for most drivers.

happy owner

Ed Newton, 01/19/2019
XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had this car for over a year and a half and I like it a lot. One review said there was a good bit of road noise on trips. I drove a round trip totally 700 miles and found it to be very quite on the road, especially on interstates. As far as comfort, for a small car I found it to be very comfortable and the heated front seats are great. Not sure what Edmunds is talking about. As for exceleration it could have a bit more pep but it's not bad. The lane departure alert is an awesome safety feature as well as the front collision warning system! As far as cargo room I find it to be just fine for my needs. (If someone wants a ton of cargo room, then buy a regular SUV for pete's sake!) Only thing this care doesn"t have but should is a navigation system built in. TOYOTA should realize most people want and need this and it should have been in this car from day one. As far as seeing through the rear window, which some reviews say is hampered by its design, I have no problems seeing when I back up, especially with the backup camera. Overall I find this car to be a perfect fit for me. When my lease is up in a little over a year I hope it has a navigation system by then..... Toyota are you listening? Thank you.

Ad
Build Your C-HR
Build and Pricetoyota.com

Back-up camera monitor problem at night

Al haan, 07/06/2019
Limited 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

C-hr is good car except for two things , first and foremost the back-up camera monitor, At night is a problem , being at eye level , the glair from the monitor obstruct the driver view on the right side when turning, this can cause a problem . The second thing , the headlights have a narrow view, illuminate only the width of the car , I recommend test drive the car at night before you buy it .

A lot of pros and few cons

Thomas Malaglowicz, 11/29/2018
XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is a fun car to drive. it is full of technology both when it comes to safety and infotainment. Available satellite/HD radio coupled with smartphone integration and Entune Apps all on a huge 8 inch screen are a huge plus for this car. Getting in and out might take some getting used to for taller drivers and the rear seat is a bit cramped. Still the front seating is comfortable. The steering is tight and responsive and the car accelerates fine in sport mode. Eco-mode and it accelerates slow...very slow. The only real beef i have is with the high beam headlights. Almost no difference from regular lights except they beams seem to be pointing noticeably upward.

Happy I bought it

Ploz, 06/20/2019
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Only had the car for a month but I love it!!! I drive on the Interstates quite a bit and use the cruise control then. The front sensor is great being I don't like weaving in and out in traffic. The automatic high beams are a plus also. Handles well in the city or the on the highway!! Electronics are a challenge mainly because I'm not computer literate.

The perfect car for me

LeilaGaitan, 10/05/2019
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I absolutely love this car!!!, it has excellent safety features, excellent mileage and is gorgeous inside and out. Definitely the best investment as far as cars I’ve ever made. In regards to the sluggish acceleration, in my opinion, I don’t see a problem with it, it’s perfect for me because I’m not looking to go from 0 to 60 in 5 seconds, this car rides smoothly and responds beautifully once you learn how to maneuver it properly. So far I have no complaints. I’m leasing with the very strong possibility that I might want to buy it later, Toyotas do tend to hold their value over longer periods of time than others makes (unlike the Hyundai Veloster I had previously) and leasing is also a good way to get it for cheaper, plus save at least $400-$500 on maintenance fees yearly.

Camille's Hot Ride

Camille, 04/18/2019
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

That is what my co-workers names my C-HR. I have it three weeks now and I love it. I have plenty of room and the three adults I drove around last weekend said they were plenty comfortable. I don't know what everyone is complaining about the pickup or speed, I have no problems, I have to keep slowing down to not go over 80 mph. The silver is a special kind of silver and just so me!!

Sporty

roy wade, 10/18/2018
XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

great little car to drive around town,plenty of power around town,very comfortable in front seats.body style turns a lot of heads.

The best economical car I've ever owned

Rock Bailey, 05/25/2019
XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car! I have had 2 Honda Elements, 2 Honda CRV's, 2016 Jeep Cherokee and this car, and this is the sportiest, funnest car of them all. I have the 2019 XLE with custom leather seats and it has a very classy interior feel. The interior components are stylish, nice big backup camera screen, great safety features, Smart car features (Would not let me lock my keys in the car, and the engine is so quiet that one day I forgot to turn the engine off and it would not let me lock it). It's a very smooth ride, and exterior is very sharp and sporty. Gas is great too. We made it from Dallas to Oklahoma City on a tank of gas ($26 for a full tank). The back cargo space is not too spacious but I put the seats down and it's works fine. Love this car and highly recommend. The only 3 cons I can think of that really don't bother me is the cup holder before the shift is a little bothersome, highway noise is a little loud, and take off is a little slow but, again, none of these bother me and I will buy another one when my 2019 gets old.

Wonderful!

MARIA CRUZ, 12/22/2019
XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car is very easy and wonderful to drive, seats are comfortable and it's equipped with all you need in a car.

Odd little vehicle

Stephanie Clark, 10/26/2019
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This vehicle is cute and clean cut. So far the acceleration hadn’t been a big deal and it’s the right size for me since I’m a single female with no kids to haul around on a daily bases. I don’t like the fact that the gas tank is so small. Hold around 10 gallons so I’m going to the gas station much more often than with my Camry. The trunk is hard to open. There is nothing on the remote or inside the car that opens it for you so you have to feel around for it and the car doors have to be unlocked before you can get it open. The trunk door is heavy and a royal pain to get up and down. When you are backing out of a parking space and you look over your shoulder to see if anyone is coming, you can’t see anything because of the way the car is made. It has a small back door window and a small back hatch window but you can’t see and have to depend on your car to tell you if anyone is coming. For an older person that does not trust electronics, I don’t care for this. I had to negotiate a remote starter as this wasn’t standard on the vehicle. Crazy, huh???? The car is mine now but I wouldn’t buy another one. Gonna try to pay it off in 3 years so I can trade it in. Sleek looking and drives fine, just not all that convenient. Do your homework and look into a car that has a more standard convenience package.

Love my C-HR

Lala, 01/19/2019
Limited 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car is FUN to drive. It is so zippy and handles well bopping around town. A bit slow getting going but once it is going it handles well and grips the road. The back seat is a bit tight and the cargo area is as well. I’d buy it again and love driving it.

Disappointing

Kathy C., 09/19/2019
XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Toyota really missed the mark on this one. For it's size, the cabin is cramped and uncomfortable. Back seat not for tall people. Storage space is very limited. Large blind spots due to poor rear window design. Too many bells and whistles and not enough comfort and performance. Not a fan!

Mary Jane.. is her name

Mary Jane, 09/21/2018
XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car for my 16 year old twins. I feel like they have a few more advantages being behind the wheel of this car with the safety features. It is such a cute car and very fun to drive.

Unhappiness

Sabrina, 06/17/2019
XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I love my car but however the hood crumpled really easy. You touch it and it dents. I do not feel safe but after speaking with Toyota they see no problem in the fact it dents and folds easily. My car barely has 6000 miles on it and Toyota will not fix or replace the hood. Very disappointed

My C-HR

James, 01/16/2019

Small / Underpowered / Waiting For Turbo Or Hybid For USA

Negotiating the Best Deal.

Pat, 02/21/2019
Limited 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Shop around. Make sure you go through Edmunds.com dealerership that edmunds.com located your deal at. That may be the best deal to negotiate.

Awesome

Mmmaj, 01/29/2019

Great and fun to drive!

The perfect car for me

LeilaGaitan, 10/05/2019

I love my car!

Barbara , 01/10/2020
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I drove sporty coupes for years and needed something with more cargo space. I looked for a long time before I found my perfect car the C-HR. It’s practical AND sporty.

Fierce!

Brenda, 02/28/2020
Limited 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the CHR Limited at a fabulous price on New Years Eve. So far so good. I can feel the pep from the sport mode on curves and highway driving. It’s a fun car to drive. I don’t understand why some folks say the car doesn’t have much acceleration. Could they be driving in a different mode? All I know is I don’t find many people passing me on the road unless I choose to drive slower. Since most of my driving is back and forth to work, the lane assist and other safety features helps tremendously to keep me as well as other drivers safe. I LOVE this car!

Love my car

Carolyn Mcadam, 03/14/2019
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Wanted this car the moment I saw it advertised on TV. It is so cute and sporty looking its perfect for me. Rides smoothly on road trips. Haven't had any problems so far. But the only thing I would of liked is XM Radio and navigation and unfortunately you can't upgrade. But overall it is a great car.

My 2019 Toyota CHR (Carly) has it all!

Scarlet, 04/01/2019
XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

It’s a beautiful car and it does turn heads! And I love driving the car it rides and drives so good and handle so well! And I’ve had several people ask me what kind of car is that because it’s hot! Because you don’t see him one of these cars on the road and I guess because they Only begin making them two years ago? But I I absolutely love Carly!

Almost perfect

Rita, 03/01/2019
Limited 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car should have had all wheel drive. The driver seat should also have been automatic controls not manual adjustment. Backseat so small but it would’ve been fine for me…

Love it

Toyota love it, 02/27/2019
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

It's a very good car I love it

2019 C-HR good car for commuter

Sean, 03/16/2019

Great deal with graduate $500 rebate nice dealer

Love it

Donna Mae Smith, 04/03/2019
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I’ve had my 2019 since December and I love it. Plenty of space for me. Easy to keep clean

Love my 2019 C-HR

Bob Toyota, 08/12/2019
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've only had this for a little over two weeks, but I am in love. The vehicle is almost as high off the ground as an SUV. The looks are awesome. I love the interior and how comfortable the seats are. I travel over an hour for work on Monday and am very comfortable. I wish the USB port was easier to get at, but that is the only thing they could improve. I'm glad I bought this vehicle, as I plan on keeping it for a while.

really nice car

great car, 10/13/2019
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

i love the CHR, I can only say one negative about it. the windows are a little bit short and I have to duck when getting in and out. Not that much and it might be because my seat is up high. But I love everything about it. the computer screen is really large and that is such a great positive feature.

Compact High Rider

Dave B, 11/01/2019
XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is a great car for fuel economy and passenger seating. It doesn't contain a lot of room for cargo. Still like it

Spacious and handles like a car

Gail Donahue , 11/14/2019
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This vehicle was surprising in a great way. I downsized from a Rav4 because I didn't need all the room and this was a great choice. I have the room I need and comfort that I was used to but it handles like a sports car. Great pickup and manuravability. I would recommend this to anyone who wants an suv without the bulk!!!

Breathtaking!

DaMere, 12/20/2019
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The 2019 Toyota c-hr really surprised me. It’s a powerful, comfortable, and spacious. It’s like it slithers around corners very smooth. And the price is perfect for it. Oh it’s also a beautiful vehicle!

Good Service

Jonathan_1, 12/21/2019

This car is perfect

small but packs a punch

phil, 01/11/2020
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

owned this car for 6 months happy with the functioning only drawback is the trunk space.

Great vehicle

Enny, 02/21/2020
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My car it’s comfortable without been so big. The color it’s beautiful (blue) I am very happy with my purchase

51050