Used 2016 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Great car, two exceptions
By Charles Callery

2016 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great ride overall. My 2016 was my second new Avalon, and I'm thinking about the 2019! Thank goodness they now have Apple car play. The Entune system is pretty hopeless. Minor but annoying: the rear window shade broke on my 2009 twice and once on my 2016. This issue is well documented on the Avalon message boards, and the fix is costly $2000 replacement, parts and labor. (Fortunately my 2016 was still under warranty). On older models you could just pull the fuse to the rear window shade and forget about it. Now the rear window shade fuse is integrated with circuits, so you have to replace the shade! Basically they have you over a barrel on this one. The Poway dealership is solid. My only complaint is the forceful suggestive sell in the repair department. I guess this is true of most service departments, but there is always a push for "dealer recommended" service items in addition to "factory recommended" items.

Avalon the second girl in my life.
By Robert Hill

2016 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Premium 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I’m very fond of this car. Especially the performance. My only thought it has a firm sport suspension that might not be enjoyable for all persons.

One Step below Lexus
By Stanley

2016 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Avalon is a great car. Our only dislike is that on trips in excess of 3 hours the front seats are not very comfortable. Even if we try to adjust them six ways to Sunday. Otherwise we love the interior, the safety features, the looks and color (Creme Brûlée). We simply don’t take this one on longer road trips.

Great car
By H Dao

2016 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a basic model XLE. The over all performance and comfortable ride are great. I drove Camry and Avalon and finally decide Avalon is much better regarding to comfort ride and performance. It does not have all features especially the blind spot monitoring. I wish I would have bought a premium which has some nice features including BSM, Homelink garage opener, compass... The only downsize with Toyota is that its cars do not have Apple Car Play. I have found that the Scout GPS app is not as good as Apple or Google Map. I have had hard time to link it with my phone.

MY ANNIVERSARY INCIDENT
By Peggy Shuping

2016 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My husband does not usually remember our anniversary but for once he did !! On the way home to pick me up to eat out, some lady pulled out in front of him and totaled our Avalon. I loved that car. Two days later we went car shopping and i came home with a 2016 (guess what ) Avalon. It drives like a dream ,its beautiful inside and out, and very quiet on the inside, best anniversary i have had in a long time and god was looking out for my husband, he wasn"t hurt at all.