2016 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

My Favorite Car EVER
By Christine

2016 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We buy our cars to last. Last two we bought lasted 225,000 miles. So we went into this with the long term in mind. Love everything about it, except the navigation is touchy and wants to reroute you without your permission. We've only had it for a few weeks, so I'm sure there's a fix, but wish that part was more user friendly. But otherwise, this car is plush! Air conditioned seats are fantastic, controls are wonderful, and it looks SOOOO pretty. We love our new Avalon!

Hidden problems - antiquated electronics, cheap pa
By Steve

2016 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Premium 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

(1) Navigation only available when car is stopped. Firmware developer incorrectly assumed only the driver would be using the navigation system. Car must be completely stopped even if passenger is entering a navigation point. (2) USB port does not read folders at all, and reads file names incorrectly. If a drive has two folders, for example: Bob and Alice, the 2016 Avalon system puts all the files together. Even the old 2013 Tacoma trucks could correctly read folder and files correctly. (3) The touch-screen buttons are misaligned, forcing the user to press the return button half a dozen times before the current screen returns to the previous screen. (3) The paint on the bumper is paper thin. Even a gentle bump and you've got a hole in the paint. And the extended warranty for scratches does not cover paint.

Aggravating car
By Krista

2016 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What an aggravating interior. ABSOLUTELY no front storage,you have to use the storage under the arm rest..what a pain,the navigation is useless as is the stereo.The ride is no better than my 2009 camry.Nothing to write home about...I do not enjoy driving this car..as matter of fact,it stays garaged and I drive my camry

2016 Avalon Limited
By Ratelle

2016 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have only this car for a few weeks, but I have enjoyed everything about this beautiful car. I can't comment on maintenance cost, because I have not had the car serviced yet.

Fifth Toyota I've Owned
By Kenneth Bandolik

2016 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wonderful cars. 2 Camrys, 1 Avalon XLE, and this is my 2nd Avalon Limited. By far the Best.