Skip to main content

Used 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A) Consumer Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars
7 reviews
List Price Range

Used 4Runner for Sale
Select your model:

5 out of 5 stars

She may be dated, but she’s legendary

BigTuna, 03/13/2019
TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you want more tech, go for the limited. While I miss remote start, CarPlay and sensing features, I’ll gladly give it up for a bulletproof drivetrain, awesome ride, unbeatable off road capabilities, a traditional transfer case and of course, a solid body on frame construction. Resale is always amazing, I love the styling and it has a history that makes me feel like I can go anywhere and do anything confidently.

3 out of 5 stars

Off Road Tank

KKN, 01/16/2019
updated 07/29/2021
TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this to be an off-roader, not everyday commuter. It is exactly what I was looking for, a new vehicle with old school reliability built tough. It has been proven throughout the years and that's why it hasn't changed much. My only complaint is the halogen lights. This should have updated LED's. Everything else is simple and very effective. Update: Had it for over a year now and it still impresses me. Took it around Mojave, Victorville, and Borrego Springs. A lot of aftermarket off-road upgrades out there. Update: Over 2 years now and still love it. No issues, no regrets. I can see why Toyota has not updated this vehicle that much in over a decade. Already a gem. That is why I bought it.

4Runner Off Road Premium

U,P. Man, 01/07/2020
updated 01/11/2021
TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely love this truck. Solid, Tough, Excellent Reliability, Roomy ( I’m a big guy ) Powerful Enough, Great Ride, Fantastic Ground Clearance and it’s looks AWESOME!! I did my research as others have and Toyota hasn’t changed much in the last Ten year because they haven’t had to. It’s that close to perfection. I opted for the 19 over the 20. Less safety features to go bad in the future. My road to my house is basically a two track and living in the U.P. of Michigan deep snow is a certainty. Snow mud ruts no problem. Just wash it and go. Every time I get into this unit I have ZERO worries or concerns can’t say that about any other truck or suv I’ve owned. After 8 months of ownership and going through a tough winter and a hot summer I’m happy to report ZERO issues and I’m just as happy with my 4Runner as I was the day I bought it. Just wish I would have purchased one sooner. Excellent SUV. I’ll update more as time passes. Update; After one year of ownership were still as happy with the 4Runner as the day we purchased it. Zero issues this is a tough as nails dependable issue free SUV. This year we've gone in places we should never have been by accident and this unit didn't even blink. Deep MUD for thousands of feet snow and more snow, ruts and steep sideways inclines not a problem. This thing is so solid and well made it may be my last SUV purchase. Does it have the nicest ride? NOPE. Does it have all the electronic bells and whistles? NOPE. Either does a tank.

3 out of 5 stars

5 out of 5 stars

First time Toyota convert, won’t be my last!

John B., 04/09/2019
TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If my new TRD 4Runner had 100 horsepower, I’d be in heaven. Otherwise, it is a great ride. It’s a blend of old and new tech, which at almost 50, I welcome. I haven’t gotten it muddy yet, but that day is coming. Traded an ecoboost lariat f150, only thing I miss is the power, but not the problems. LOVE the slide down rear window like in the Tundra.

Mom's toy

Jerry Hilt, 01/16/2019
TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this vehicle was bought as a replacement for a 2016 Tacoma. It is much easier to get in and out of plus parking is easier. The fuel economy is about the same as the Tacoma and this has a larger engine. Overall the vehicle exceeded our expectations.