Used 2016 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Totally Awesome
By Aswonav

2016 Toyota 4Runner SUV Trail Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like everything about this vehicle! I would buy the same vehicle again!!

Solid, Nothing Fancy, Look Great and Body-on-Frame
By Brad Fridell

2016 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Update : I was bracing for a big financial hit upon my lease expiration. I had about $2500 in damage to the rear, and was expecting to pay this plus $5000 down to start a new lease under $500/month. Instead they just put me in a new 4 Runner (albeit a 2018 when the 2019s were just arriving) for nothing and renewed my lease for another 36 months with the same terms.

Know that you're buying an old school body-on-frame truck so don't expect the smooth, quiet car-based ride you find in many AWD SUVs today. Hard turns can cause severe body lean, you really "feel" the road," the 5-speed automatic transmission in antiquated, and the technology and luxury appointments are sorely lacking behind others in it's class (and for this price point!). With all that said, I love this rig. I've always leased vehicles and this will be the first time I choose to trigger the purchase option. The 4-Wheel drive traction is very bit as good as my old Wrangler in wet, snowy, hilly conditions found in the PacNW winters. I love the rugged, commanding look, the high view seating position and simplicity of the dash and control knobs. I know I have a rig that will easily pass 200K miles with minimal maintenance, and hold its value like none other. After 3 years and 36K, I've had ZERO mechanical issues. Plus it's worth $28K, while my residual is only $24K, so leasing these are a great option. They change very little year over year, and I kinda like that they've taken a stand against keeping up with the next big thing.

Coastman
By LJ

2016 Toyota 4Runner SUV Trail Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car great ride very comfortable.

Great 4Runner
By Scott Weaver

2016 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love everything but the fuel economy.

Toyota Turd!!
By Dan P.

2016 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Way over priced and performance is average at best.